There God man! How much spare time do you have? --Cohnee 00:35, 18 June 2006 (BST)
Obviously too much :D
Fluffy - can you sort my Talk Page out - got zero time right now? Cheers!! DarthDoctr 17:42, 11 June 2007 (BST)
Mate - legendary. Many thanks!! DarthDoctr 21:33, 11 June 2007 (BST)
FB - That's the Badger - just don't know if it will be feasible for all honours awards and decorations as there are so many of them. What about a split by Service??? is that an option?? or just one GBFO Template that covers all?
JB 10:07, 12 June 2007 (BST)
- Fluffy, We both went for different styles of template, I shamelessly stole mine from the ranks template already in use, as it was able to go onto a second or even third line if required, which may be needed especially on the campaign medal template. Grateful for your thoughts on the way forward to ensure a standard approach. JB 11:50, 12 June 2007 (BST)
- Ooooeeer here we are again... people will begin to talk.
- I think the bastardised rank template works well but I'm not clever enough to put a box round it, I'll leave that to a guru if they think it needs one. I added the H, A & D template to the bottom of all the individual templates so it gives a seamless view of what is in the category you are viewing and what other categories are available as well. I can't get the award, say the VC to link to the Gallantry template and the H, A & D template as well... don't know if this is possible. Whaddya think is it getting there? JB 19:55, 12 June 2007 (BST)
- Ummm...if I may? I believe that we should have arranged it as 'Honours' (including all Orders such as the DSO), 'Decorations' and 'Medals'. That said, the way you've done it is simple and easily understood. What about the George Medal, by the way...? :) DarthDoctr 19:58, 12 June 2007 (BST)
- I'm open to suggestions Darth, I tried to answer your question on templates earlier, but couldnt edit your talk page as its locked, even the bit that says vandalise below here :)), so had to leave a message on BCOs page. As for the templates we've created we just sort of got carried away... well I did anyway. How do you see your suggestion panning out?? can what we've done be incorporated into your idea?? JB 20:05, 12 June 2007 (BST)
- Nah, let's leave it - it works just fine! I've unlocked my Userpage as well - it was only to prevent the usual spamming toads from buggering it up again! DarthDoctr 20:10, 12 June 2007 (BST)
Thanks FB for the 1500 template, very thoughtful of you. I will treasure it always ... at least till I break 2000! regardies --Rabid Hams 18:04, 12 June 2007 (BST)
Thanks for rearranging my infobox. Ta!
Fluffy - please accept this promotion to Wiki Sysop as a token of our thanks! DarthDoctr 21:16, 12 June 2007 (BST)
FluffyBun 23:28, 12 June 2007 (BST) I feel humbled. I'd like to thank the Academy, my agent, my parents etc :-)
Stand by for a major wikicrash as my new powers overreach themselves ....
Me again, congrats on your promotion.... good to see you wielding the banning stick and delete buttons vigorously. Quick one on the H, A & D templates, I have re-jigged the gallantry one to show the valid awards post 1993 for the over-arching ones: VC and CGC for Mil, GC for civvies, the 3 sS awards and MiD. do you think we should leave it at thta and put all of the rest in their sS categories?? JB 09:07, 13 June 2007 (BST)
- Fluffy - can you not just edit the title page with your new powers? JB 17:17, 16 June 2007
This is achieved using the "move" tab on each page. That means you don't have to delete and re-recreate and also means that an auto redirect is created from the old page. Hope that makes sense! -- Bad CO 17:33, 16 June 2007 (BST)
Thanks for the help Fluff, especially the redirecting. Hadn't got a clue on how to do that!
--RitchieRitch69 09:03, 21 November 2007 (UTC)
I didn't realise you could move a page to one that already existed? Is a Redirect the sams as a Move?
Buck Felize 12:27, 30 December 2007 (UTC
Austeyr & F88
Should I have left them alone? There didn't seem much value as they were only one line entries linking back to each other and the AICW page (all by slim), so I merged them and hit delete.
It was just the sight of his name that made me do it. Honest Guv. pant pant dribble dribble JuniorBod 17:20, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
Not a problem at all chap. I spotted the F88 link appear in the wanted pages so turned it into an external link instead of internal in the Lithgow and Steyr AUG pages.
I think in most cases, an external link to the (other)Wiki or similar is better than the cut'n'paste Slimmery, or his 1 line tat.
If you find any more of his nonsense, just track back via the "what links here" doofer and either change them to external links, delink them altogether or just delete that page as well if it's a Slim Bone Post.
FluffyBun 17:29, 5 January 2008 (UTC)
- (Bastard! I'll kill your children for that!) - Ooh Eerrrrr Missus :) JuniorBod 17:45, 5 January 2008 (UTC)