The First Rule Of Combat
Jump to navigation Jump to search
"Always remember the first rule of combat..."
There seems to be some confusion about what the first rule of combat is. Contenders include:
- Try to finish with the same number of holes in your body you started with.
- Never get separated from your kit (Stonker's Grandad swore by this: and he learned it from his Dad)
- Never eat yellow snow.
- Friendly Fire isn't.
- Admin your animals, your kit, then yourself.
- Never piss off a Gurkha.
- Never attack without at least a 3 to 1 superiority in numbers.
- If in doubt, brew up.
- Look after your feet.
- If the enemy have fruit and you have guns... it shouldn't be too hard a battle.
- Never deploy with 3 Para Mortar Platoon behind you.
- Never invade Russia in winter.
- Never invade Afghanistan - whatever the season.
- When 33 Alpha is about, Watch out!
- Combatants over 40 years of age must remember the vital three sub-rules : 1. Never pass up the chance of a leak; 2. Never waste an erection (even if you're on your own); 3. Never trust a fart.
- Remember that the MoD went to the lowest bidder for your weapons and ammunition.
- The Spam is not your friend ... no matter what Gordon says.
Feel free to add any more should you be inclined to do so.