A fine film with much for the ardent ARRSEer to enjoy:
- Robert DeNiro playing, well, Robert DeNiro as a tough ex-CIA bloke, who may still be in the CIA.
- Jean Reno, looking impressively cool in the photo above, playing an ex-DB or whatever the Belgian equivalent is, bloke. May also still be in whatever it was he was in.
- Sean Bean playing a THEM Walt, caught out by the classic "what colour is the boathouse at Hereford?" ploy. Schoolboy error mr Bean!
- Various Republican folk being slotted. In a spirit of reconcilliation, this is of course a bad thing, but they were renegade Rebublicans (possibly a tautology there) so it's OK.
- Some top car chases. Look for the scrape of "Mercedes Diana Black" in the Paris motorway tunnels.
Obscure fact that everyone knows:
To make the car chases look authentic, British RHD cars were used, with a fake steering whell added to the left so the actors really look terrified when they are "driving" them.