Jump to navigation Jump to search
Commissioned Officers ranks
- The Daddy: LE Late entry officer. Not a rank but more than worthy of note.
- Field Marshal
- Lieutenant Colonel
Non-Commissioned Officers ranks
- Warrant Officer Class One
- Warrant Officer Class Two
- Staff Sergeant
- Lance Corporal
- Quarter Master (QM)
- Regimental Sergeant Major (RSM)
- Regimental Quarter Master Sergeant (RQMS)
- Quarter Master Senior Instructor (QMSI)
- Artificer Sergeant Major (ASM)
- Section - Smallest unit of infantry, 6 to 15 men
- Platoon - Smallest tactical unit with an organisational identity, 24- 50 men.
- Company - Consists of several platoons.
- Infantry companies, 100-200 men.
- Tank Companies, 10 -17 tanks.
- Artillery - Brigade level but under the command of the Major General at Divisional level.
- Battery is equivalent to the company, 4-8 weapons and their crews.
- Battalion - An Infantry Battalion is made up of A,B,C,D, HQ & S Companies.
- Company, 400-800 men.
- Battalion -Tank. Usually 30 - 55 tanks.
- Battalions - They receive Artillery support, but it is not not part of their structure.
- Brigade - 3 battalions which are independent or subordinate to a Division.
- Regiment. An Army formation, a Brigade comprising 3 or 4 Battalions.
- Division. A ground force formation of two or more Brigades or Regiments plus supporting units often subordinate to multi divisional Corps usually two or more Divisions.