- Golf clubs.
- Cup of tea (in hand).
- A never ending list of reasons why things cannot be done - and why he has to get away early.
'Nerps' is occasionally seen with look of panic, especially when a future change to conditions of service is mentioned... and especially the thought of being on a five-year sinecure (rather than a ten-year one) and losing their paid mileage.
'Nerps' has a fundamental belief that twenty-two years in the Army entitles him to loaf about at the public expense. This is demonstrated by hardly ever being seen on a drill night or weekend.
He invariably bangs on about not having the benefits of being a regular soldier, completely ignoring the 'N' in the job title.
- Annual appraisal, as it would make no difference anyway.
- Uniform (optional extra).
Also Known As
- Bill Oddie the NRPS squaddie
- Not Really Proper Soldiers
|Find out more in the Dictionary|