Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Function||beyond visual range air-to-air missile|
|Engine||throttleable ducted rocket|
|Speed||Over Mach 4|
|Range||100+ km (60+ mi)|
|Warhead||High Explosive Blast/Fragmentation|
With each unit costing a wopping £1 million, they come with some fancy extras
- Can hit aircraft beyond visual range
- Can hit aircraft behind you
- The first missile ever to use a Ramjet
- A two-way datalink will allow the launch aircraft to provide mid-course target updates or retargeting if required, including data from offboard third-parties.
- The Integrated Logistics Support concept proposed for Meteor does away with line maintenance. The missiles will be stored in dedicated containers when not in use. If the Built-In Test equipment detects a fault the missile will be returned to MBDA for repair. Meteor is intended to have an airborne carriage life of 1,000 hours before any maintenance is required.