Late Entry Officers Course*:
Well, the instructions are quite pacific. The per-requisites are:
1. Ruler writing at not less than 10 WPM.
2. The ability to get knife edge creases into a sta-prest George at ASDA suit.
3. The complete inability to select a shirt/tie combination that matches, although "comedy" cartoon ties do score highly.
4. Ownership of at least one pair of slip on shoes, preferably with plastic soles, square toe and/or buckles.
5. Tache & tattoos.
6. Wife to attend parties in dress made from enough shiny material to hide a bridgelayer.
A few more perequisites for the rosta:
9. A collection of photographs of a younger, slimmer self as a Corporal with the Company in the drill hall at ENDEX from a BAOR Exercise standing in front of a vertiginous pile of beer, wine, spirit & cigarette cartons brought back in one of the 10 “GD” Bedfords taken from each Coy location.
10. To be fair: the ability to out-run, out-drink, out carry & out-shoot the majority of the young whippersnappers, even when exempt fitness tests or are eligible to be timed using a calendar.
With thanks to The_Duke and Captain Plume
- any spelling mistakes on this page, may, or may not be corrected on the course ;)