A dark Irish Stout. It comes in several varieties, all subtly different:
- Draught Guinness - the purist's version.
- Draught Guinness Extra Cold (so cold you can hardly taste it) - a kids' 'learner' version.
- Bottled Guinness - used to be a 'live' beer from which you could harvest the yeast for homebrewing, now sadly pasteurized and uninteresting.
- Canned Guinness - big bubbles give it a coarser texture.
- Canned Draught Guinness - a weird hybrid which makes frightening noises when you open the can.
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout - a slightly sweeter drink brewed for export (mainly to the Caribbean) which delivers a powerful 7.5% ABV to the unsuspecting drinker.
Known side-effects:Production of a rather pleasant feeling of well-being and a horrendous case of the Black Poos that could double up as ball round in a case of emergency the following day.
Mega details to be found on even more varieties on this Wiki