- MT driver (Bowser operator).
- Signals (Comms wizards!!).
- Stores (not for storing).
Exceptional groundcrewman either:
- A. Join 10 Regt AAC (Civvy Street).
- B. Become pilots.
- C. Act as a reality check to gobby pilots, and crow like direct entry officer pilots, are the font of all knowledge aviation wise, and are generally good eggs, the most adaptable and have no dramas running from the six radios in the CP to the bowser, refueling the mighty Lynx (twinturbo shaft love machine), tiger tokening the pilots, throwing more ITOW or FITOW missiles on, stealing the gunner's pies and ripping him to death, then acting as a ground handling party while avoiding spilling stupid AGC chicks brains all over the HLS, then sprinting back to the CP for brews and banjos. Busy chaps indeed!
The remainder become potato carriers and spend their remaining 22 years hating aircrew, telling everyone they didn't want to be aircrew anyway.
LE AAC officers usually come from the REME, RLC, AGC or any other Corps that has no idea whatsoever about Army Aviation. They then have a hard time understanding why an Army Air Corps lance jack has just thrown them off his HLS - don't confuse your rank with his authority fellas...