DCI Gene Hunt
|An armed bastard|
Character from the TV series Life on Mars and utter legend.
Gene Hunt extremely politically incorrect. He is sexist, racist, ageist, disablist and just about any other 'ist' you can think of. He is adept at interviewing both witnesses and suspects; employing tea and biccies to great effect in the former case; and a good shoeing in the latter.
DCI Hunt has little time for 'pansy' concepts like Due Process and the burden of proof, usually being quite happy to arrest and sometimes frame any criminal he happens to believe is guilty (or at least deserving of incarceration), regardless of whether the evidence points to them or not according to essay writing services.
An enthusiastic drinker, his behaviour is often uncouth and boorish, and his attitudes - whilst common for the time - are extremely homophobic and sexist. He has been described (by his 2ic, Sam Tyler) as "overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding". (To this criticism, Hunt replied, "You make that sound like a bad thing.")
Apparently the BBC were exceptionally pee'd off that Hunt is considered by many to be a hero. They had intended him to be a hate figure and the politically correct Sam Tyler character to be embraced to the collective UK bosom. Funny how things turn out sometime!
Gene Hunt's Greatest Quotes:
- "You're moving faster than a spastic in a magnet factory"
- "He's got fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course"
- "I'm not a religious man Mr Warren - but isn't there something in the Bible that says, thou shalt not suck off rent boys?"
- "You are surrounded by armed bastards!"
- "Anything 'appens to this motor and I come over your houses and stamp on all your toys. Got it? Good kids."
- "They reckon you've got concussion, but I couldn't give a tart's furry cup if half your brains are falling out. Don't *ever* waltz into my kingdom, acting king of the jungle."
- Sam Tyler: This place is like Guantanamo Bay.
- Gene Hunt: Keep off, it's nothing like Spain.
- Gene Hunt: Steven Warren is a bum bandit. Do you understand? A poof! A fairy! A queer! A queen! Fudge packer! Uphill Gardener! Fruit picking sodomite!
- Sam Tyler: He's gay?
- Gene Hunt: As a bloody Christmas Tree! Mind you, he is a little touchy on the subject, being a twisted Catholic with an elderly mother and all, so I wouldn't go mentioning it to him... You challenged his authority so he stitched you up like a kipper. Pretty girl appealed to your vanity as the only decent sheriff in Dodge City. Slipped you a Mickey, tied you up and bounced on your ding-a-ling.
Watch this: Inspired Genius