Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Zut Alors Frogs insult themselves

What a way to insult your nations heroes and cheapen your nations highest Honor by giving it to this slimy weasel.

French give Peter Mandelson top award as Brexit prize

Obviously this the French equivalent of the two fingered salute. They thought which Brit, when awarded the honour will cause the most outrage. I love this quote from the article:

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen said: ‘The French seem to have a habit of giving out medals for battles they have lost.

Obviously this the French equivalent of the two fingered salute. They thought which Brit, when awarded the honour will cause the most outrage. I love this quote from the article:

Tory MP Andrew Bridgen said: ‘The French seem to have a habit of giving out medals for battles they have lost.

Well should be some interesting paranormal activity going on at Waterloo tonight the entire imperial Guard spinning in their mass graves after seeing Mandleson.

When you think it took 70 years for D-Day veterans to be awarded the Legion d'Honneur for kicking off the liberation of their country.
Mandy gets one in under a year for trying to stop us liberating ours. Sounds about right.

Last edited:
They give it to anyone and everyone these days. Singers, actors, politicians, whatever. Every French Army officer of the rank of Lt-Col and above has the "hot" (Legion d'honneur, red ribbon) and the "cold" (Ordre Nationale de Merit, blue ribbon) and believe me, they're absolutely not all heroes! The Légion d'honneur means nothing any more.

They give it to anyone and everyone these days. Singers, actors, politicians, whatever. Every French Army officer of the rank of Lt-Col and above has the "hot" (Legion d'honneur, red ribbon) and the "cold" (Ordre Nationale de Merit, blue ribbon) and believe me, they're absolutely not all heroes! The Légion d'honneur means nothing any more.
Like anything associated with the EU.