Zulus to be honoured for killing a Welsh Choir

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by AFA06, Nov 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm sitting here trying to work out if that's a wind up or not. If its not a wind up, might I suggest someone needs to take another look at his history lessons?
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Read some of the rest of the site Lists, it is just a touch tongue in cheek.

BTW I failed the Paedo test very very badly (well at least I would have in the US!).
  3. Heh, at work at the moment, so I didn't want to go clicking around, for example to the Peado test.
  4. There are already Zulu memorials at Rorkes Drift. This is obviously Tongue in cheek.

5. Weren't the 24th Regiment of Foot a Warwickshire Regiment in those days?
  6. Does this mean Welsh Chiors are fair game then? Watch & Shoot!
  7. Yes, but they recruited in South Wales
  8. HoHum, Fact at Rorkes Drift the Majority of the Soldiers were English not Welsh. So yes they recruited but still were mainly a Brummie Regt
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Fair play to the Africans for honouring their war dead (it was a war after all).

Edited to add: Damn! I just failed the 'gay test' on that site!
  10. The Zulus were brave and honourable enemies…

I see nothing wrong with a memorial to them.
  11. No reason why the Zulus shouldn't memorialise the men who fought to defend their lands from invasion. Perhaps some sort of National Defence Medal is in order? :wink:

BTW, failed the pedo test 100%. I'm just off to kiss the kids goodbye... err, I mean hug them,.. err.. shake hands ... no, no, officer, I meant write them a kindly note. Oh, shit.
  12. According to the teh SWB website, 2nd Warwickshire Regiment had TWO Warwickshire born lads in it at the battle.

It's Depot was Brecon but it recruited from the SW area and the english counties that bordered Wales.

In the Rourkes Drift website few men were said to have ANY relationship with Wales.

Monmouthshire only became a Welsh County (officialy) in 1974.

13. Killing a Welsh choir? It would certainly be justice for all those songs murdered by Welsh male voice choirs.