Zulus to be honoured for killing a Welsh Choir

#1
#2
I'm sitting here trying to work out if that's a wind up or not. If its not a wind up, might I suggest someone needs to take another look at his history lessons?
 
#3
Read some of the rest of the site Lists, it is just a touch tongue in cheek.

BTW I failed the Paedo test very very badly (well at least I would have in the US!).
 
#4
Gremlin said:
Read some of the rest of the site Lists, it is just a touch tongue in cheek.

BTW I failed the Paedo test very very badly (well at least I would have in the US!).
Heh, at work at the moment, so I didn't want to go clicking around, for example to the Peado test.
 
#7
Weren't the 24th Regiment of Foot a Warwickshire Regiment in those days?
 
#8
Does this mean Welsh Chiors are fair game then? Watch & Shoot!
 
#9
chocolate_frog said:
Weren't the 24th Regiment of Foot a Warwickshire Regiment in those days?
Yes, but they recruited in South Wales
 
#10
tropper66 said:
chocolate_frog said:
Weren't the 24th Regiment of Foot a Warwickshire Regiment in those days?
Yes, but they recruited in South Wales
HoHum, Fact at Rorkes Drift the Majority of the Soldiers were English not Welsh. So yes they recruited but still were mainly a Brummie Regt
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#11
Fair play to the Africans for honouring their war dead (it was a war after all).

Edited to add: Damn! I just failed the 'gay test' on that site!
 
#12
The Zulus were brave and honourable enemies…

I see nothing wrong with a memorial to them.
 
#13
No reason why the Zulus shouldn't memorialise the men who fought to defend their lands from invasion. Perhaps some sort of National Defence Medal is in order? :wink:

BTW, failed the pedo test 100%. I'm just off to kiss the kids goodbye... err, I mean hug them,.. err.. shake hands ... no, no, officer, I meant write them a kindly note. Oh, shit.
 
#14
scarletto said:
tropper66 said:
chocolate_frog said:
Weren't the 24th Regiment of Foot a Warwickshire Regiment in those days?
Yes, but they recruited in South Wales
HoHum, Fact at Rorkes Drift the Majority of the Soldiers were English not Welsh. So yes they recruited but still were mainly a Brummie Regt
According to the teh SWB website, 2nd Warwickshire Regiment had TWO Warwickshire born lads in it at the battle.

It's Depot was Brecon but it recruited from the SW area and the english counties that bordered Wales.

In the Rourkes Drift website few men were said to have ANY relationship with Wales.

Of the 24th Regt. at the defence, the numbers (Source: 'The Noble 24th. by Norman Holme), 49 were English, 18 Monmouthshire,16 Irish, 1 Scottish, 14 Welsh and 21 of unknown nationality
Monmouthshire only became a Welsh County (officialy) in 1974.

http://www.rrw.org.uk/museums/brecon/faq.htm

http://www.rorkesdriftvc.com/myths/myths.htm
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top