Zoot Suit in MTP

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by This Tribe, Mar 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This Tribe

This Tribe Sponsor

I'm sure the older and bolder members of ARRSE will remember the zoot suit with a degree of affection but younger members may not have come across them. The good news is that Trojan/Templar Assault Systems are shortly going to be releasing one in Vista ATP, i.e MTP by another name.

More in our latest blog below

2. Zoot suit jackets were all the fad for running in many moons ago. Made out of Parachute silk. As a money spinner you should knock some up in Regimental/Corps colours. Fashion goes around in circles and they're due to be "In" again.
  3. Always made me sweat the proverbial airborne chap in a numeracy challenge.

However Rodney 2Q reminded me of this.... S'alright...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Better late than never; zoot suit as we knew them; Original =-D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. tell ya what would be good a zoot suit outer with a micro fleece inner.
  6. Im getting old as my first thought was a regiment looking like Kid creole and the Coconuts
  7. X59

X59 LE

Something like the Buffalo Teclite shirt then ?
  8. yeah " quickly googles one up "
  9. They were made out of calendered (sp?) nylon ( nylon which has been put between two, heated industrial sized rollers). This treatment affects the porosity of the material, peculiar to use in parachute design.
  10. More like the Buffalo Wind Shirt, which I have had for some 20 years and its still going strong. 220g and packs up into a normal cup. used to chuck it on over a fleece and hey presto, nice and warm :)

11. X59

X59 LE

Crossed wires methinks.

The concept of a micro fleece lined zoot suit suggested by thecoops has been done by Buffalo who called it the Teclite shirt.
  12. Indeed...sorry..I thought we were still talking about a normal zoot suit.
  13. Heh. You think you got your wires crossed. I thought Kid Creole and the Coconuts were making a comeback.

♫ Oh Annie, I'm not your Daddy . . . ♫