ZK-1 ADVICE PLEASE

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by rebel_with_a_cause, Sep 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys

Bit of help needed from you Combat Inters, I'm looking for details on an old Soviet weapons system designated ZK-1. Believe it to be an AA gun of some kind.

Thanks in advance.

RWAC

2. i'll ask the office spotter.

3. Can't make the designation work. AAA was normally ZP - zenitnaya pushka. The only ZK-1 I can find was an experimental steam catapult for seaplane launches from major surface combatants.

4. ZK-1 was the designation of the fuze for the PMk-1

5. Probably talking shoite here but the Z may stand for Zbrojovka Brno (A Czech arms factory) and the K might be Koucky, a bloke who designed sub machine guns for that factory.

Wild guess...

6. Sorry , if it wasn't easily identifiable from 3500 feet over the Heide I can't help either. Petriburg has a penchant for this sort of thing, if he ever gets of his fat arrse to get on arrse.

7. The Naval Institute Guide to World Naval weapon Control Systems led me to Chinese weapons systems and ZK.1-3 but this turned out to be ZK.I.3. However, and surprisingly (for Wik) en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_cruiser_Molotov says “She did mount the Arktur hydrophone system although that was useless at speeds above three knots. ... Soviet-designed Mars-1 gunnery radars were fitted by 1944. ... more light AA guns, but an improved ZK-1a model was fitted in 1943. ... In addition she lost her torpedo tubes, anti-submarine weapons, ...” This may be the tree up which you may want to bark.

8. That was impressive! 8)

9. Sorry Jim, that does refer to the catapult:

"...She landed her catapult in 1942 to make room for more light AA guns, but an improved ZK-1a model was fitted in 1943".

10. The Z could be Zavod and the K the name of said factory (same as ZiL, ZiS) etc. So ZK1 might be the name of the chassis, mounting or even the prime mover.

11. WTF !

Are you actually doing some work rather than REMFing ? or is ENDEX and you need some collateral for your next `posting`` ?

Need the info for a target briefing RWOC ?

Just tell them it is not one of ours and they will do the rest - always worked for me. :p

12. FFS all I did was offer to help out a mate. No I haven't changed the habits of a lifetime and started to work for a living, I am following your august example TMA. If you have any ideas for employment suitable to an idle, disolute waster please forward details to my personal manager.

13. Boinnnng!

14. [quote="rebel_with_a_cause
    FFS all I did was offer to help out a mate. No I haven't changed the habits of a lifetime and started to work for a living, I am following your august example TMA. If you have any ideas for employment suitable to an idle, disolute waster please forward details to my personal manager.[/quote]

I have never worked in August. Nor the last week in July as it is `Miners Fortnight` Bach !

Spoke to your Personnel Manager - she says your quote from your last appraisal was very accurate :p

Keep up the good work you never know a cold beer may be waiting for you in the Green Iguana & Grill sooner than you think !

15. You'd be better off asking a real intelligencer, rather than one of that Combat Int lot.

Check your PMs.