Zinc oxide tape

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by troopie, Mar 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. My SQMS is having difficulty getting hold of zinc oxide tape through the correct channels. I'm competing in the Marathon des Sables (150 miles across the Sahara in 6 days) in 2 weeks time and after a few training runs with civvy tape on my feet it doesn't seem as strong as the issue stuff. Does anyone out there have a roll or two going spare? I'm raising money for the ABF and I'll chuck a few extra quid their way if anyone's able to help me out. Many thanks.
  2. Try boots. I got some in there for the brats hockey stick

3. Thanks for the suggeestion, I've tried a few civvy tapes but they all seem to rub, crease or peel off with sweat. I know the issue stuff works, I just can't get hold of it at the moment!
  4. Too be honest, I think you can get it in any chemist. It's not expensive either.

5. TBD you are not listening to the man! If the SQMS doesnt have any try your nearest military medical centre. Just dont speak to tyhe civvy receptionist, ask to speak to one of the Army medics.
  6. Strangely in my job I don't have much to do with military medical centres, so it didn't cross my mind to think of one.

7. Yes that looks like the proper stuff not the paper tape that they sell in pharmacies now.
  8. Following some suggestions on another thread I ordered some Strappal tape from Firstaid4sport. Thanks for your help.
  9. zinc ox + tinc benz = happy days
  10. I think tincture of benzene was withdrawn due to it causing cancer, happy days.
  11. ooops ,

henson and bedges are still for sale ?????????

man up wet pants, no one lives forever.............................
  12. A very quick update, I completed the MdS and the Strappal tape was excellent. The temperature got up to 54 degrees but Compeed and the tape managed to keep most of the blisters at bay. All in all an amazing event, but it'll be a few years before I consider doing it again.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. How much did you raise in the end?
  14. About £400. Only sorry it wasn't more.