Zimbabwe PM jeered by UK exiles

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Nehustan, Jun 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Given the response another thread created, I thought I'd post this one in the NAAFI. I think this is the funniest thing I've seen in a while, in regard to Zimbabwe at least, which usually provides no reason for a smile. This is quality...

BBC News
  2. Zimbabweans must return home he says....

Why, because anyone with any sense or skills left that toilet years ago?

Get rid of uncle bob, and soon enough people will return.

Still it's not all bad news, the PM gets to meet gordo.....
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I just thought that the response was pure comedy. To be honest I think that the situation in Zimbabwe, changed or not, will not really attract many people to go home (although they'd never say it they may well think of it as a toilet as per your statement, they could never admit that to themselves, never mind others?); it's a matter of opportunity I guess? That said those who really wish to re-build their country will leap at the chance and probably be the first on a plane.

The clip made me smile on multiple levels...
  4. So where does all the money for this come from?
  5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well basic agriculture that Rhodesia was famed for would make a good basis, rather than the 'road-accident' they have at the moment?
  6. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

White farmers turned Rhodesia into the bread-basket of Africa. Loss of that agricultural capacity impacts others beyond its borders. Hooray for Black Majority Rule, Harold Wilson the saviour of Rhodesia from colonial oppression etc etc.
  7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

What could be categorised as the methods of white farmers, is certainly not beyond Zimbabwe. They've screwed the place for sure, but if they want to turn things around, 'intensified' (when compared to what preceded it) agriculture has to be readopted.
  8. So what's stopping them?
  9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

10. Hmmm, yup.
  11. I see Tsvangirai is looking well fed. He actually shines slightly with all the grease he must be exuding....

Pity we can't say the same for the rest of the country, particularly those who voted for him.
  12. Are you saying that huge farms owned by the poor downtrodden exploited blacks, and worked on by the less rich is better than the current system where everyone owns there own plot of land, with a tin shack, a goat, an AK and a huge supply o fCaq and alcohol?
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I'm not sure I'm suggesting intensification as we have had in say Britain since toward the end of the C20th, i.e 'corporate farming', but certainly an intensification akin to that brought by the original settlers, which even in the C21st century would be a step up from a 'plot of land, with a tin shack, a goat, an AK and a huge supply o fCaq (?) and alcohol'. It's hardly rocket science...
  14. That actually came out wrong.

It should say
    "Are you saying that huge farms owned by the evil whites and worked on by the downtrodden exploited blacks is better than the current system where everyone owns there own plot of land, with a tin shack, a goat, an AK and a huge supply of Caq and alcohol"

The curse of the touchpad mouse thingy on my new laptop. Touch it and the curser goes anywhere!!!
  15. Yep I am! Uganda was also a bread-basket.

Never mind - they now have UHURU! Its nice with butter and jam!