Featured Zimbabwe army on manoeuvres?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kinross_special, Nov 14, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You, @Dark_Nit can be Witty, @Auld-Yin the RSM.
    On serious note, you mentioned That rifle and unlimited supply of ammunition. If THAT rifle is so effective, then it does not require unlimited ammunition.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I'm more likely to kill than cure.

To get back on thread, Zim has been in a state of semi-revolution for the past 10 years,

The sooner Mugsy is gone, the earlier the next dictator can take control. Ever was it thus.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Bollox! I want to be the old boy in my Club having a good meal as I discussed the Operation with the idiot going, sorry volunteer going to Africa!

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Your avatar has a passing resemblance to RSM Young, you ******* abortion

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

If it's a T55 probably about 85-90mm. I have seen an L7 105mm on a Chinese clone of T55, the type 59.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ummmm I never went beyond section attack, chaps. I once had charge of an attacking force of 40 odd bods. I... errr... got slotted cos I got bored directing in the FFR.... long time ago now.

7. Main: 1 x 100 mm D-10T2G or D-10T2 rifled (3.94 in)

8. Will comrade Corbyn mobilise the Tooting Popular Front in support of his fraternal comrade in Zinbabwe?.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Amended for accuracy

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The A400M (Atlas to you) will suffer a gearbox failure and become AOG in Algiers, and the ARRSE battalion will be thrown in jail!.

Thatcher's son (Scratcher) will come to the rescue.

11. I believe Tooting Popular Front predate Zimbabwe

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Oh dear... he we go...

Soldiers 'take over Zimbabwe broadcaster'

Soldiers are reported to have taken over the headquarters of Zimbabwe's national broadcaster, ZBC, amid a growing political crisis.

Explosions have also been reported in the capital, Harare, but the cause is unclear.

Earlier, the country's ambassador in South Africa denied talk of a coup.

Zimbabwe's ruling party accused the country's army chief of "treasonable conduct" after he warned of a possible military intervention in politics.

General Constantino Chiwenga had challenged President Robert Mugabe after he sacked the vice-president.

Gen Chiwenga said the army was prepared to act to end purges within Mr Mugabe's Zanu-PF party.

Tensions were raised further on Tuesday when armoured vehicles were seen taking up positions on roads outside Harare, although their purpose was unclear.

Some staff at ZBC were manhandled when soldiers took over their offices in Harare, sources told Reuters.

Workers were told that they "should not worry", a source added, and that soldiers were only there to protect the site.

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. Stupid question of the day, but could bob be in control of the troops out and about?

14. Not a stupid question at all.
    Bob 'hears voices' occasionally, and is damn-sure paranoid.
    It could be a round-up of dissidents (ie anybody suspected of anything)
    But given the sabre-rattling from ZDF the past few days, it may well be the opening shots in a coup.

15. So the ZDF aren’t exactly fans of old lady Mugabe I take it.