Zimbabwe army on manoeuvres?

Interesting, it wasn't a place I got to in my time there but I see its on the Great North road and the TanZam railway. I believe some of the farms in the area are owned/run by Chinese who came over to help build the railway and supply the mainly Chines workforce with food they liked.. Apparently the locals are upset with them for producing vegetables at a better price than the locals can, mainly because the Chinese have a greater work ethic than the locals.
Not surprising. The Chinese could run all the countries in that region far better than they are being run now, both for themselves and for the local populations.

Not surprising. The Chinese could run all the countries in that region far better than they are being run now, both for themselves and for the local populations.

From what I gather from reports from Zambia & Malawi and I believe several other African countries, the Chinese are de facto running most of the major infrastructure, but staying very much in the background with a few well paid but useless African political appointees nominally in charge.

Just had news that the last of my blood relatives in Africa has passed away in Bulawayo.
At least he lasted long enough to see the cause of him losing his farm ousted from power.

Just had news that the last of my blood relatives in Africa has passed away in Bulawayo.
At least he lasted long enough to see the cause of him losing his farm ousted from power.

Its a very sad occasion for many/most of the Europeans who lived in the former S. Rhodesia who will be written out of or totally misrepresented in history by the legion of pc liberals who seem to infest our educational establishments around the world.
A couple of my former NRP colleagues went to S. Rhodesia after we gave N. Rhodesia its "freedom" in 1964, some joined the BSAP, others to work and in one case to buy a tobacco farm. He was murdered by so called "veterans" after Mugabe came to power along with some of his workers who tried to defend him as he was a great boss who not only built good accomodation for his workers but built a school & a clinic, the staff he also paid for.
As I have said earlier Southern Africa from Kenya to the Cape could have been one of the most prosperous continents in the world with the right enlightened governance. It has an abundance of mineral resources and with the right management, fantastic agricultural potential!

It was a symbiotic relationship that worked well until political correctness got in the way.

Non of us are ‘equal’.

We should have equal human rights, but all have strengths and weaknesses that if harnessed in the right way can move mountains, carve out nations from bush, and make crops spring from deserts.

I've been donating to these guys for years, do please consider it - they're a small charity and genuinely excellent. Not a penny wasted, and caring for some *very* frail and vulnerable people. Many of whom are ex forces.

Zimbabwe Charity | Helping people in Zimbabwe | ZANE - Zimbabwe a National Emergency

ZANE - Zimbabwe a National Emergency | Zimbabwe Pensioners

To quote the other Mr Smith (W),

The angels weep.
Me too Kinross, in fact they get my biggest monthly D/D these days after the usual suspects (Council, Gas Board, robbers at the electricity company etc).
I have been to a couple of their events - hugely reliant on volunteers, I have gently probed - partly to satisfy myself, and partly so I can confidently urge others - and they are the real deal.
Plus, you get a wonderful non-PC Newsletter from their Chairman a couple of times a year. He's an ex Tory MP from the Oxfordshire area, and I am so old and stupid now, I have forgotten his name

Me too Kinross, in fact they get my biggest monthly D/D these days after the usual suspects (Council, Gas Board, robbers at the electricity company etc).
I have been to a couple of their events - hugely reliant on volunteers, I have gently probed - partly to satisfy myself, and partly so I can confidently urge others - and they are the real deal.
Plus, you get a wonderful non-PC Newsletter from their Chairman a couple of times a year. He's an ex Tory MP from the Oxfordshire area, and I am so old and stupid now, I have forgotten his name
Tom Benyon.
I usually get there. Eventually.

I've been donating to these guys for years, do please consider it - they're a small charity and genuinely excellent. Not a penny wasted, and caring for some *very* frail and vulnerable people. Many of whom are ex forces.

Zimbabwe Charity | Helping people in Zimbabwe | ZANE - Zimbabwe a National Emergency

ZANE - Zimbabwe a National Emergency | Zimbabwe Pensioners

To quote the other Mr Smith (W),

The angels weep.
On an adjacent theme, I see the 'other Mr Smith (W)' is still knocking out books well into his 80s.
I suppose that is what happens when you trade in wife 2 for younger model 3 - t'would be nice to have the opportunity, some day !

From what I gather from reports from Zambia & Malawi and I believe several other African countries, the Chinese are de facto running most of the major infrastructure, but staying very much in the background with a few well paid but useless African political appointees nominally in charge.
Completely correct.
But, it's not that naughty colonialism thing.
No sir, only the white man does that.

So right Joshua, luckily I saw the writing on the wall in 1980 and built up a nest egg in RSA. Bob's elder brother was a storeman at the mine where I worked and told us that Bob is a Sh1t.
Pity an enterprising 'newshound' from the democratic western world didn't find their way to said brother back in 1980, and warn the rest of us.
Or, maybe he/she did, but that inconvenient fact didn't suit the narrative of the time.

B t w, let's just pause to remember who was largely responsible for creating these conditions: step forward (that old goat) Kissinger and the ghost of BJ Vorster, closely followed by Carter/Vance/(the repulsive manchild that was) Andrew Young, aided by that other manchild on the make, David Owen.

£56,000 - that wont even keep Grace, err sorry I mean Dr Mugabe, in shoes. Hopefully, when Bob croaks, Grace will be on the normal state pension of US$ 25 per month (paid in worthless Bond Notes that the central bank has started printing to pay the country's debts since they can't print US Dollars).

You racist b@stard. Don't you care about African traditions and culture. For a proper military coup, Bob would have to fall down the stairs and die in a single story police station that doesn't have any stairs.

I think Bob may have underestimated the ferocity of this Crocodile bloke who is replacing him. Once he consolidates his control of the country things may well change for the Mugabe family.

• Reconfiscate the property that the Mugabes stole and pay them using their own loot. Bob's first payment to include the $60,000 watch his son trashed live on Twitter last week by pouring $600 of champaign on it.
  • Mugabe's sons to have their two Rolls Royce limousines confiscated and given to Bob and Grace - but they have to pay for the servicing, petrol and MOT themselves as well as cleaning the semen stains off the upholstery made of endangered species leather.
  • Grace's diplomatic immunity to be lifted, but only after she lands in South Africa. Anybody know what Johannesburg women's prison is like?
  • If Bob doesn't die soon, something terrible to be discovered or made up to justify removing his immunity from prosecution.
  • Bob's sons to get proper jobs as waiters in a remote part of South Africa. Being called "boy" by big fat Boers who think PW is still the PM will be good for them.
Seriously, Bob's clearly on his last legs. If Grace has any sense of reality left she'll bail out to somewhere well out of the way like China where I understand the people love to celebrate racial diversity. Oh, hang on a minute. She had her bodyguards batter a press photographer there so she might get arrested. Perhaps South Africa. Err, no she assaulted a "model" there for leading her sons astray. Have to be Europe then. Oh feck - she's banned.

Grace - if you're reading this - it's either North Korea or staying in Zimbabwe where you know the silent majority want you back in power. Only joking. I hope they hang you from a fekkin' lamp post the day after Bob's funeral.
There aren't enough 'likes' available to compliment that effort

Independent reporting Bob's done a deal in return for him going quietly:
£7.5 Million Payout (£3.75Million now, the rest in increments) + £112,500 p.a. until his death...then Grace gets half that p.a. Until she carks it.
Zimbabwe: Robert Mugabe 'to receive £7.5m plus salary for life' after being deposed

Which raises a number of obvious questions:
It's the Army he was dealing with, so why didn't they just off him? S.O.P for Africa, save themselves a few quid and make up a story about him trying to make a bolt for it...nobody would have believed them, but we would all have looked the other way and understood.
More worryingly, whose funding this? They aren't exactly flush. The dust hadn't even settled and all our politico's were all falling over themselves about helping funding a new Zimbabwe, from the ring fenced Foreign Bribes budget, whoops, sorry. I mean Foreign Aid budget?
When my old friend from a farm near Middleburg heard this, he said "won't happen, agreement soon won't be worth the paper its written on, this is Africa ".
I do hope I soon see his cynicism come to pass.

On that note, it's time for bed.
A happy 2018 to all arsers.