Zen Internet

Anyone know anything about Zen? Any of you customers?

I'm with Virgin at the moment. Their services are good and reliable but they keep jacking the price up. I watch about an hour of TV a day so I'm not fussed about that. I can get a new aerial for £75 and watch for free.

Zen do FTTC 40Mb/s broadband for ~30 quid. They also provide quite a good router for free. No price rises ever if you sign up for a 12 month contract and you get a fixed IP address for free. Their call centre is in Rochdale rather that Metro Manila too.

Looking for anyone with experience of them, good or bad.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone know anything about Zen? Any of you customers?

I'm with Virgin at the moment. Their services are good and reliable but they keep jacking the price up. I watch about an hour of TV a day so I'm not fussed about that. I can get a new aerial for £75 and watch for free.

Zen do FTTC 40Mb/s broadband for ~30 quid. They also provide quite a good router for free. No price rises ever if you sign up for a 12 month contract and you get a fixed IP address for free. Their call centre is in Rochdale rather that Metro Manila too.

Looking for anyone with experience of them, good or bad.
Does that £30 include line rental too? I'm with BT on £26.99 for 35mbit line rental included, along with mobile for £15pm SIM only with 8gb of data. I just keep phoning the cnuts and harrassing them lower each year with renewals. You can usually get a deal too with a £50 or £75 rewards debit card.

Zen?

It is the way of things, Grasshopper. Calm your mind and be like a pebble in a river bed. All things will pass.

Does that £30 include line rental too? I'm with BT on £26.99 for 35mbit line rental included, along with mobile for £15pm SIM only with 8gb of data. I just keep phoning the cnuts and harrassing them lower each year with renewals. You can usually get a deal too with a £50 or £75 rewards debit card.

Yes it includes everything. If you take out an initial 12 month contract they say your price will remain the same as long as you stay with them.

My only experience of Zen was as a very annoying and intrusive add-on that was loaded with AVG antivirus.

I assume that there is no connection.

I started using Zen Internet in 1996 as my ISP using a 33.6Kbps modem, they were streets ahead of everybody else in terms of service, and had really good quality UK based phone and email support. I stopped using them in 2009, not because of any drop in quality, just due to getting divorced and moving in with my new girlfriend who already had another broadband connection.

I don't know how good they are now from personal experience, but I doubt they would have dropped their service quality and technical standards, it's what they built the business on.

Fibre has only reached the cabinet at the bottom of the road for me. I'm on Vodaphone Superfast 2 which I got at the beginning of the year, I get a solid 75mbs for £22.00, includes landline rental and calls, I think though it has gone up in price for new customers. You get a couple of quid off a month if you're an existing Vodaphone mobile user.

My only experience of Zen was as a very annoying and intrusive add-on that was loaded with AVG antivirus.

I assume that there is no connection.
Mine was watching Blakes 7, Zen was a bit of a liability sometimes