Zastava Rifles

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Feb 1, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Any info on these rifles please folks, I came across a couple on various websites and interested as they seem to fill the niche left by CZ going up market in price!
    Krank offers them for £325 and yes its dealing with the devil I do like the look of a cheapish client rifle in a mauser action!
  2. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

If their guns are anything like their cars, I'd steer well clear.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

From what I recall went on in the Balkans their guns seemed to work well. That said the Russians produced great target guns and CZ aka Brno is a former eastern bloc arms firm.
    Skoda was a great tank and machine gun company in its day!
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

5. got one in 30.06 down the cellar just now, great gun, shoots extreemly well.It has a synthetic stock, similar to a Tikka stock, would change it to a houge if I was going to keep it but just acting as middle man for a sale here.This rifle recently won a long range shooting comp here by the way.Factory standard with off the shelf ammo.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Sounds like if I can get a left hander in .243 its mine, I may need to buy a couple more to swing the deal, a lot of dealers wont bother ordering left handers even if available (its just the one in .243 I need LH) so a 22-250 and maybe a .223 in RH to seal the deal. i cant see a yorkshireman turning that down. mind you EGG is down as a dealer so East Grinstead gets a visit I may be filling a slot or 3 if they can deliver. For half the price and then some of a CZ with better reviews in the US, I'd be bonkers to say no!