Zarqawis Death Goes Beyond Spinning

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/06/zarqawis_death_goes_beyond_spi.html

A interesting take on Zarqawi's death

This is an enemy who has adapted his strategy to the Internet age; and yet his techniques correspond with those of Arab nomadic raiding parties through centuries past. By not fully knowing, himself, what he will do next, he cultivates the advantage of surprise. Floating free of regimental formation, he has the flexibility to exploit chance discoveries of weakness. Traditionally, after the victory and pillage, the various "emirs" fall out, killing each other until the most ruthless and murderous emerges as the strongman. He and his successors then establish their legitimacy as defenders of the faith

By not fully knowing, himself, what he will do next, he cultivates the advantage of surprise. Floating free of regimental formation, he has the flexibility to exploit chance discoveries of weakness.
Wayne Rooney's like that.

Taz_786 said:
By not fully knowing, himself, what he will do next, he cultivates the advantage of surprise. Floating free of regimental formation, he has the flexibility to exploit chance discoveries of weakness.
Wayne Rooney's like that.
Sounds like my PRACTAC. The CSGT getting into the my model and kicking it to bits certainly surprised me.

NEO_CON said:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2006/06/zarqawis_death_goes_beyond_spi.html

A interesting take on Zarqawi's death

and later on ....

. An enemy whose morale depended on Zarqawi's reputation for ruthlessness, against the hard fact of popular detestation, is left staring at a wall. He needs another Zarqawi to emerge, quickly.

I don't think the dead Zarqawi was crucial to the Iraqi "insurgency" in any military sense, but it isn't a military force. Many of the Saddamite Sunnis, who have been sheltering "insurgents" of all stripes, will now turn to exposing them.

That point towards the really interesting bit - who gave him up ? If it was some-one below him then great, but he will soon be replaced. More likely that it was some-one higher up in the Sunni world - or else why all the very rapid raids on other sites - too fast for them to be based on info found on him. Maybe this is a real change in Sunni posture - smack in line with the establishment of the new Govt too. A trade off for influence - and a lesson for other insurgents on how "loyal" their masters can be ?

From the Independent

Robert Fisk: Zarqawi's end is not a famous victory, nor will it bring Iraq any nearer to peace
Published: 09 June 2006

So, it's another "mission accomplished". The man immortalised by the Americans as the most dangerous terrorist since the last most dangerous terrorist, is killed - by the Americans. A Jordanian corner-boy who could not even lock and load a machine gun is blown up by the US Air Force - and Messrs Bush and Blair see fit to boast of his demise. To this have our leaders descended. And how short are our memories.

"They seek him here, they seek him there.

Article Length: 895 words (approx.) ( You used to be able to save the lot now you have got to subscribe )

He goes on to say in the original article how it was Colin Powell during his infamous UN performance who made the link ( i.e. the lie ) that Zarquwi and Bin Laden were buddies. In reality they oppossed each other ideologically