Zarqawis Death Goes Beyond Spinning

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Jun 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

A interesting take on Zarqawi's death

2. Wayne Rooney's like that.
  3. Sounds like my PRACTAC. The CSGT getting into the my model and kicking it to bits certainly surprised me.
  5. From the Independent

Robert Fisk: Zarqawi's end is not a famous victory, nor will it bring Iraq any nearer to peace
    Published: 09 June 2006

So, it's another "mission accomplished". The man immortalised by the Americans as the most dangerous terrorist since the last most dangerous terrorist, is killed - by the Americans. A Jordanian corner-boy who could not even lock and load a machine gun is blown up by the US Air Force - and Messrs Bush and Blair see fit to boast of his demise. To this have our leaders descended. And how short are our memories.

"They seek him here, they seek him there.

Article Length: 895 words (approx.) ( You used to be able to save the lot now you have got to subscribe )

He goes on to say in the original article how it was Colin Powell during his infamous UN performance who made the link ( i.e. the lie ) that Zarquwi and Bin Laden were buddies. In reality they oppossed each other ideologically