Zarqawis Death and Task Force 145

The "Delta" team charged with the hunt for high valued targets is currently called Task Force 145, though little is known about it composition or operations. Reliable reports have said that the TF is divided into four teams, three U.S. and one from the U.K. The teams have been occasionally augmented by Army rangers and paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Division, and have been supported by special operations helicopter and combat units, as well as by fixed wing aircraft units operating in support of quick reaction targeting.

The American and British "head hunters," sometimes called kopf jagers, are headquartered at a "black" special operations camp inside Balad airbase, north of Baghdad. Seven or eight members of TF 145 have been killed so far in the hunt. I compiled this list of eight who seem to be assigned or attached to JSOC

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/earlywarning/2006/06/what_to_make_of_zarqawis_death.html#21855

I posted this article because this is the first article I have seen that mentions a British involvement in Task Force 145

Nah, its all open source material.

I just saw a piece on ABC News tonight that mentioned UK involvement in Task Force 145.

Supposedly its being renamed anyway due to all the exposure its been getting.

TF 145 has other missions. Even though there is some open source material regarding the unit, I dont feel its wise to discuss 145 in any detail. Just my view.

tomahawk6 said:
TF 145 has other missions. Even though there is some open source material regarding the unit, I dont feel its wise to discuss 145 in any detail. Just my view.
Oh get a life you sad muppet!!! No-one from TF145 or 'in the know' is putting up 'and here's where we're going to banjo downtown BD tonight...' are they?

TF Black is currently a SBS Squadron rather that SAS though, they are on a 12 month tour, and then will hand over to the swim test failures....

Agree that this is not the place to be discussing the alleged involvement of SF in Iraq. Mods - can we lock or selectively edit certain posts please?

I kinda find this a grey area, if it's on TV then it can hardly be PERSEC, don't get me wrong..

But it's a little bit over-board if the TV are shooting there mouths off, and we cannot talk about it..

Task force 146 is drawn almost entirely from 24 SAS (Editorial Support Regiment) consisting of a combat stenography Squadron a literary agent squadron and the elite Ghostwriter Troop.

Sssshhh!

Imshi-Yallah said:
Task force 146 is drawn almost entirely from 24 SAS (Editorial Support Regiment) consisting of a combat stenography Squadron a literary agent squadron and the elite Ghostwriter Troop.

Sssshhh!
Yeah, i'm bezzies with Steno Pete, he can have your eye out with a 2HB pencil at 100 paces whilst changing a coffee filter and whistling dixie!

I'm looking to join the "task force 146" BB gun team, anyone with me!

BergenBob said:
Imshi-Yallah said:

Sssshhh!
Yeah, i'm bezzies with Steno Pete, he can have your eye out with a 2HB pencil at 100 paces whilst changing a coffee filter and whistling dixie!

Was that the same Steno Pete who took the commander of 49 Para's dictation during the beach landings at Goose Green in the war of 84?

Imshi-Yallah said:
BergenBob said:
Imshi-Yallah said:

Sssshhh!

Was that the same Steno Pete who took the commander of 49 Para's dictation during the beach landings at Goose Green in the war of 84?
Yeah, that's the bloke, ex RAOC conductor clerk, can still hear him going through drills, pencils working alright, pencil stops. On looking at point, point is broken. STOPAGE!!!

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Digital said:
I'm looking to join the "task force 146" BB gun team, anyone with me!
My TF Mauve will be the best team though...