Zara and MIB were harsh but fair and received unfair treatment

Should such unfair treatment be swept under the carpet, or should people have a right to protest?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And even my little thread about the unfairness with which they were dismissed - a sentiment which very few disagreed - has now been closed, with no explanation. Looks like some people cannot bear to contemplate the reality of the hole that a once world class website has once again fallen into.

I suspect however that the real reason for Zarathrustra and MiB getting the boot is that they were doing a bloody good job, without adequate backup, in trying to sort out the mess, which was being ignored by people further up the food chain, who had taken their eyes off the ball. This has probably led to some embarrassment and, hence two scapegoats were selected and dealt with by means of a swift knife in the back during the hours of darkness.

Which is a shame.

The Arrse which used to be unique, open, forthright and most enjoyable is in danger of becoming yet another bland, run of the mill, PC riddled pool of pap, destined, when all of the sentient members have left, to be populated with the usual toilet seats of moribund mental acuity.

I am aware that I can vote with my feet and may very well do so, but first another poll for some faceless supernumerary, hiding behind a stealth cloak of anonymity, to close down.

ACAB

LE
eodmatt, I completely agree, we at least deserve an explanation from the Admins, as to why Bert and MiD, both of whom were user friendly and very robust, had to bite the dust.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Some gobby bitch made a comment, a bit close to the bone, and the thread got to play with dead kittens at the roundabout kerb at Scotch Corner.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Psst. It was me.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Psst. It was me.

Yes, I went grassing to the big boys because I seriously hate unfairness (that's not someone's Username) and if some sleazebag wants to go crying, let them.

I'm the biggest Sweary Mary in the world, and I've been quite restrained recently. Which will come as quite a shock to some of you.

I'm a bubbler, I'm a grass, I'm a mong. Blah Blah Blah.

Fuck it. We all know where this stems from.

Oh, and I just grooved to R2 whilst I typed this.

CTU-UK

War Hero
The Arrse which used to be unique, open, forthright and most enjoyable is in danger of becoming yet another bland, run of the mill, PC riddled pool of pap, destined, when all of the sentient members have left, to be populated with the usual toilet seats of moribund mental acuity.
I couldn't agree more Matt. I left this site for a few years as I was getting bored at its stale and consistent irreverence. Since I've returned, things do seem a little better, albeit with a few plonkers still here and there.

To be honest, I'm surprised ARRSE is still going. I don't use FarceBook but used to use Grapevine in the dark old days, before that self imploded through infighting, backstabbing, etc. maybe ARRSE has simply run it's course and the bells of doom are ringing.

simbo

LE
Every internet forum sees the toys chucked out of the crib once in a while. A lot of the time its due to internet warriors getting too full of themselves hiding behind keyboards thinking they are 'amusing' or ganging up on those who don't agree with their ideals. It all implodes then builds up to a crescendo again a few months later.

I think of it as the 'Volcano Effect'.

Life is too short to take the internet too seriously but some people these days seem to have little life outside the net.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
Every internet forum sees the toys chucked out of the crib once in a while. A lot of the time its due to internet warriors getting too full of themselves hiding behind keyboards thinking they are 'amusing' or ganging up on those who don't agree with their ideals. It all implodes then builds up to a crescendo again a few months later.

I think of it as the 'Volcano Effect'.

Life is too short to take the internet too seriously but some people these days seem to have little life outside the net.
I agree.

Let's sing, you wetpants.

C

cloudbuster

Gets my vote.

I am aware that I can vote with my feet and may very well do so, but first another poll for some faceless supernumerary, hiding behind a stealth cloak of anonymity, to close down.
The admins know that if they keep saying nowt, people will get sick of the topic and go back to turning 90% of threads into handbagging sessions. Eventually someone will see a business opportunity just as the COs did and start a half-decent site elsewhere, which doesn't consider itself answerable to the MoD, the Guardian, Mumsnet or Maddie Moon, and disenchanted posters will migrate there. It just needs someone with time on their hands and about five thou to spare.

At which point the whole process will begin again.

As I posted last night before falling to sleep and waking up to find that all I had posted had disappeared into the ethernet sinkhole of death-Bert had a response telling him what he had allegedly done wrong,he had posted that he had been told and that he wasn't going to tell us what he had allegedly done wrong , and all I asked was is it fair that if you do wrong and others do wrong that some get rops,some get demoted and some get fuck all but nobody knows why,or for what!! So how do the remainder of us know if what we say/do is classed as offensive/too close to the bone or just too close to the truth. I seem to remember in my distant drink befuddled brain my dad telling me about things like this that he had to go away for nearly four years to fight- I think it was called Nazism or or some such nonsense!!

Eventually someone will see a business opportunity just as the COs did and start a half-decent site elsewhere,
Well its not happened in 12 years

which doesn't consider itself answerable to the MoD, the Guardian, Mumsnet or Maddie Moon,
Ridiculous statement, utter horses shit

just needs someone with time on their hands and about five thou to spare.
So are you suggesting that for a £5000 investment and some time you could achieve a site like this?

You need to get your Mrs with her 190 IQ to have a word with you..... or show me how to do the above and I'll split it with you.

The ever growing censorship on this forum stinks.

The administrators need to realise that the shop floor has a right to be heard. Else pitch folks and torches...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

As I posted last night before falling to sleep and waking up to find that all I had posted had disappeared into the ethernet sinkhole of death-Bert had a response telling him what he had allegedly done wrong,he had posted that he had been told and that he wasn't going to tell us what he had allegedly done wrong , and all I asked was is it fair that if you do wrong and others do wrong that some get rops,some get demoted and some get **** all but nobody knows why,or for what!! So how do the remainder of us know if what we say/do is classed as offensive/too close to the bone or just too close to the truth. I seem to remember in my distant drink befuddled brain my dad telling me about things like this that he had to go away for nearly four years to fight- I think it was called Nazism or or some such nonsense!!
Woo-hoo Godwin's has arrived and in only 12 posts!

Maybe time to consider what it is your getting outraged about?

It seems Zara has had his explanation. Granted it took 24 hours but that hardly a lifetime in the grand scheme of things.

I would also appear that due to him apologising, it would appear there are some grounds for it, whether its liked or not, its their train set and their rules, no one is forced to be here.

If Pigshyts post is true, I'm sure he can rally around a whip round to raise the 5k and a site can be made, apparently its a piece of piss and just needs that initial investment and a bit of spare time.

Too many people sounding off outraged over a storm in a tea cup, all will be forgotten by weekend and the outrage bus can be garaged until the next time. Probably about six - eight weeks if the site history is anything to go by.

I'll run a sweep if you want on how long this thread stays live!! I'll have a fiver on 25 pages !!

Perhaps we need to read the site rules, again.
As the new MODs may not be so tolerant as the dearly departed.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Eventually someone will see a business opportunity just as the COs did and start a half-decent site elsewhere, which doesn't consider itself answerable to the MoD, the Guardian, Mumsnet or Maddie Moon, and disenchanted posters will migrate there. It just needs someone with time on their hands and about five thou to spare.

At which point the whole process will begin again.
Well its not happened in 12 years
I seem to remember some disenfranchised ARRSE member doing exactly that some 5-6 years ago. Ended up with a dozen members and soon disappeared and was lost in the ether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads