Zap numbers?

Wah? The latter was correct ( SM5678 ). First two of surname, last four of number. Claims have been laid in the past to having you last initial then your last 4 ( S5678 ). I think this was previously an airborne method which has since been abolished.

Cheers Msr.

Its for the cadets. They want 'warry zap numbers' based on there westminster numbers to scrawl all over their kit! It seems I can't get them to simply write their names in the stuff because that's not 'warry' enough...

ugly

LE
Back on my first tour (1983)your place in the Bn nominal roll was your Zap No. I think mine was 453!

Some mornings its hardly worth chewing through the straps!

Cheers Msr.

Its for the cadets. They want 'warry zap numbers' based on there westminster numbers to scrawl all over their kit! It seems I can't get them to simply write their names in the stuff because that's not 'warry' enough...
wait unti lthey have already done it and then tell them it only looks ally with their blood group too.

Explain patiently that if they put th eblood group in it MUST be right, or they will end up with the wrong blood in an emergency.

Watch chaos ensue as Cadets try to find out their blood types :D

wait unti lthey have already done it and then tell them it only looks ally with their blood group too.

Explain patiently that if they put th eblood group in it MUST be right, or they will end up with the wrong blood in an emergency.

There's no way would the emergency services give somebody blood of a type written on kit, without a cross check.

Not neccessary. Their blood will be mostly staying inside them, if I've got anything to do with it.

in my experience this is the case.

And zap numbers, on my tours in a&e & theatres, were of no consequence whatsoever.

Cat is your friend.
gotcha !!!!!!!

Fist time I came across them was on a MED MAN. Mine was 317.

ZAP number should be done away with. Many a time J1 in Lash were scratching their heads trying to figure out who is on the 9 liner because the ZAP number refers to more than one person. It delays the notification process. Why not just use the service number?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
agoodgrouping The Intelligence Cell 11
Issimondias Aviation 28
Porridge_gun Aviation 100