Zap numbers?

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by walt_of_the_walts, Oct 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How do these work then?

Surname, initial then last 4

or

First two letters of surname, then last 4?

So John Smith, 12345678 would be :

SJ5678

or

SM5678?

2. SM5678

More letters...

3. Wah? The latter was correct ( SM5678 ). First two of surname, last four of number. Claims have been laid in the past to having you last initial then your last 4 ( S5678 ). I think this was previously an airborne method which has since been abolished.

4. msr

msr LE

5. Cheers Msr.

Its for the cadets. They want 'warry zap numbers' based on there westminster numbers to scrawl all over their kit! It seems I can't get them to simply write their names in the stuff because that's not 'warry' enough...

6. Might have been. My lot used the surname first letter and last 4 up until 2003ish.

7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

Cash's name tapes would be more appropriate, surely.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Back on my first tour (1983)your place in the Bn nominal roll was your Zap No. I think mine was 453!

Some mornings its hardly worth chewing through the straps!

9. wait unti lthey have already done it and then tell them it only looks ally with their blood group too.

Explain patiently that if they put th eblood group in it MUST be right, or they will end up with the wrong blood in an emergency.

Watch chaos ensue as Cadets try to find out their blood types :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. I hope it's not through DNAing their mouths or they'll all end up with the same blood group as their AI.

• Like Like x 8
  11. X59

X59 On ROPs

There's no way would the emergency services give somebody blood of a type written on kit, without a cross check.

12. Not neccessary. Their blood will be mostly staying inside them, if I've got anything to do with it.

13. Depends what I swab there mouths with though. doesn't it?

14. In my experience this is the case.

And zap numbers, on my tours in A&E & theatres, were of no consequence whatsoever.

CAT is your friend.

15. X59

X59 On ROPs

gotcha !!!!!!!