Zap no Patches

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by mirroredone, Oct 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone help?

i've seen a few guys with patches on there kit, with their zap no, blood group and a union jack on, i've been trying to find out where i could get some made up but with no luck.

does anybody know where you get them from or get them made?

thank you for you help.

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

In 1983 we had to turn in our combat jackets to the tailors so they could sew a white strip on the inside of the button flap on your combat jacket. We then wrote our own zap and blood groups in permanent pen also provided by the firm. No cost at all!

3. I know of a little place that'll do em for one/fifty. that includes velcro backing. All ya gotta do is get to the terminal at Kabul Airport ! They'll be ready in two days once ordered !

4. http://www.1800nametape.com/
    American company, ships in about a week, excelent quality.
    Declared the contents as "clothing samples" so no duty paid :)

5. Don't the jinglies make them for you once you're "over there"? They will is Basra. Or at least they did in 2006.

6. This may sound stupid but cadetdirect.com do them.

7. Green masking tape and a bold black lumi pen never did me any wrong.

8. If Cadet Direct do them, then so do Survival Aids, and that's far less waltish. :wink:

9. The jinglie tailors over here do them for $5. You get rank,name,blood group and zap number on. They even throw in a desert dpm union flag for free. :)

10. Strange thing, Both companies trade from the same building...