Zanu NL & Social Engineering in Universities

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by rockape34, Aug 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From The Sunday Times August 17, 2008

2. I like the way the headline screams 'women can' then goes on to make clear that so can anyone. Shame, I expected better of The Times.

Sad to say marketisation is creeping into every aspect these days. Course which consistently fail to fill places are in grave danger of being closed and students (or more usually their parents) are becoming far more demanding about the 'product' they're purchasing. Tuition Fee discounts are the main way HEIs can attract the brightest students and the increased proportion of good degrees awarded is the main way to pull themselves up the league tables.

Having said that, if anyone at Leicester really did say that the reporter 'ticked all the boxes', they're unsavvy to say the least. Targeting the money toward a short-term lift in the gender stats when they're already above the national average for female participation? I bet their Director of Admissions will be having a few words on Monday.

P.S. The whole train of events was set in place by the Tories, not NL. Much as I like to damn this current shower, they're only carrying on the sterling work of their predecessors in making everything revolve around money.