Zac Goldsmith - Whats All That About

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Whet, Dec 4, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tax dodger on Tory A list - does that say it all?

The Times
  2. Yep - They're all lying, thieving, sly, under hand, cheating gits who shouldn't be trusted.

Now when you're quite finished trying to distract ARRSER's attention from the total destruction of The British economy since 1997 we can get back to business!

No matter what the other side do, labour still have too much to answer for.

I admire your loyalties to your sinking ship captain. However name calling the enemy means nothing when you sank it all by yourself!
  3. He is now a UK taxpayer, so what is there to worry about. Incidentally I believe Conservative policies would have been very disadvantageous to him as a Non Dom, so he is better off by moving his tax affairs here - until tax increases again.

Non Story really Whet.
  4. At least he works
  5. Just asked this question on another thread - perhaps you can answer. What were the countries finances like in 1997. Had we fixed the roof whilst the sun shone, did we have a surplus? What exactly happened to the billions we took out of the North Sea.
  6. Aah

So the fact that he WAS a tax dodger until he was caught out is a non story eh Bob?

Spoken like a true Tory . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .except isn't George promising to punish such tax dodgers as our Zac?

7. Nice work if you can get it. Take Daddies money, listen to an accountant, sign a couple of papers and hey presto, profits in the Caymans.
  8. anyway, how much would our gold have been worth if gordon hadn't sold it after telling everybody that it was going up for sale?

(add many other labour disasters.....)

if fear you are scraping the barrel, whet, do you not have a Christmas tree somewhere to make illegal?
  9. The figures speak for themselves. The economy had a minor boom under Blair then it all went t1ts up. You can't keep blaming the tories 12 years later.

I was about to say the tories won't be able to keep blaming labour in 2022 however never before has such a catastrophic mess been handed over to a new UK government so who knows.

We're not just talking financial issues here. The whole country is a fcuking disgrace and was better off post war.
  10. I'm not blaming the Tories for anything in my posts above - just pointing out that they fcuked the country over for all but a few - which is why Labour got in with a landslide in 1997.

Now we have that out of the way - was there a national debt in 1997 or not
  11. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Does Blair send all ghis money back to the UK or does he stick it in an offshore accountant

Wonder what Mandleson does with his he does rather seem able to get a large motgage at the drop off a hat and pay it off even quicker

Probably why Mandy and co aren't shouting to loud about it

Possibly there is a Malcolm Tucker shouting get that fukcing idiot off Arsse asking daft questions
  12. Whet - the economy was on the up in 1997 as it had been since 1992. We had gold reserves, we even had money put away for contingencies (rainy day funds).

I must admit as a non uk Taxpayer you seem to do ok being a long term doley!
  13. "Wonder what Mandleson does with his he does rather seem able to get a large motgage at the drop off a hat and pay it off even quicker

Probably why Mandy and co aren't shouting to loud about it "

Best we dont mention Mandy and his mortgages. He seemed to make a phenominal amount of money while he was a commissioner going by the size of his now paid off house!
  14. As yet we don't know do we. What we do know is that they DIDN'T dodge their taxes when in parliament.

Because that would have meant another visit by the Old Bill, wouldn't it?
  15. I think you are confusing me with a tory. I'm not I am just anti Labour as they are the party that have not only caused but have ignored all the warning signs of their parties destructive policies.

Regardless of The 1997 national Debt Teflon Tony rode through a positive economic boom. Then managed to fcuk it all up before popping smoke and handing over power to the bloke who told him how to fcuk it up.