Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Yuletide driving advice

Hello all,

Me, the frau and the bairn are going up to my mum and dads for crimbo tomorrow. We'll be travelling from S.Wales to Manchester on a 02 plated Rover 45.
Do I go up the M5/M6 etc or do I risk the shorter journey up through Wales on the A roads?
I can't decide-so I will put my families fate in your hands.
Seems sensible to me!

This is a bi decision to make. I don't think that you should go this year but look at the route with the benefit of hindsight and then you'll be ready for next year.
I wouldn't risk trying any motoring organisations or the Met Office, they tell lies.

If I was married with kids, came from Manchester, lived in Wales and drove an old Rover, I'd have ticked every box on my "Is It Time To Kill Myself?" checklist.
Fill your car with fireworks and acetylene bottles, yourself with a litre of slivo, and hurtle North up the Southbound M5 carriageway singing The Fairytale Of New York.
You know it makes sense.

Go up the M5, you spakker.

But on the way back to Wales, take a right at Gloucester and down the 48. That way, you won't have to pay to get in.

I was horrified when I found out you have to pay to get in to Wales. There's not even any rides or anything. You don't have to pay to get into Scotland!

You had to pay on the Forth Road bridge to get into Fife up until 2008, when the jock parliament gave themselves another freebie by removing it! Gordon probably to tight to pay to get into his constituency!

If I was married with kids, came from Manchester, lived in Wales and drove an old Rover, I'd have ticked every box on my "Is It Time To Kill Myself?" checklist.
Fill your car with fireworks and acetylene bottles, yourself with a litre of slivo, and hurtle North up the Southbound M5 carriageway singing The Fairytale Of New York.
You know it makes sense.

Whats Silvo? (no wah)

sorry; slivo-still dunno what it is...

Not that crazy Bosnian stuff.......I'd go as far as Asbach-it is a Rover after all.

I'm thinking The M5 too, but the view from the snowdrifts would be much nicer in darkest Wales..