Yuletide driving advice

Hello all,

Me, the frau and the bairn are going up to my mum and dads for crimbo tomorrow. We'll be travelling from S.Wales to Manchester on a 02 plated Rover 45.
Do I go up the M5/M6 etc or do I risk the shorter journey up through Wales on the A roads?
I can't decide-so I will put my families fate in your hands.
Seems sensible to me!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
What a fucking odd thread.

This is a bi decision to make. I don't think that you should go this year but look at the route with the benefit of hindsight and then you'll be ready for next year.
I wouldn't risk trying any motoring organisations or the Met Office, they tell lies.

I know what you mean. I was thinking get them to come to me and tell me if the routes clear

Don't go this year, batton down the hatches and build a snowman.

I know what you mean. I was thinking get them to come to me and tell me if the routes clear
Wah shield up.

Here you go trigger, assuming you can operate a mouse and read.

Highways Agency

You can even look at the traffic cams.

WS down.

If I was married with kids, came from Manchester, lived in Wales and drove an old Rover, I'd have ticked every box on my "Is It Time To Kill Myself?" checklist.
Fill your car with fireworks and acetylene bottles, yourself with a litre of slivo, and hurtle North up the Southbound M5 carriageway singing The Fairytale Of New York.
You know it makes sense.

Go up the M5, you spakker.

But on the way back to Wales, take a right at Gloucester and down the 48. That way, you won't have to pay to get in.

I was horrified when I found out you have to pay to get in to Wales. There's not even any rides or anything. You don't have to pay to get into Scotland!
You had to pay on the Forth Road bridge to get into Fife up until 2008, when the jock parliament gave themselves another freebie by removing it! Gordon probably to tight to pay to get into his constituency!

If I was married with kids, came from Manchester, lived in Wales and drove an old Rover, I'd have ticked every box on my "Is It Time To Kill Myself?" checklist.
Fill your car with fireworks and acetylene bottles, yourself with a litre of slivo, and hurtle North up the Southbound M5 carriageway singing The Fairytale Of New York.
You know it makes sense.
Whats Silvo? (no wah)

sorry; slivo-still dunno what it is...

Not that crazy Bosnian stuff.......I'd go as far as Asbach-it is a Rover after all.

I'm thinking The M5 too, but the view from the snowdrifts would be much nicer in darkest Wales..

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Best enjoyed as an aperitif prior to a spot of light-hearted ethnic cleansing.
Are you chaps talking about that dirty plum brandy gop? Every time I drink it I end up shitting myself for some reason.

Ace.

Use the money for not going on some winter tyres. Makes all the difference believe me.
You want to go in a Rover you say, don't go and save your embarrassment.

SK

I helped Shut down this camp in Kosovo on the Serbian border-Wellington lines I think it was called-anyway, one of the locals brought us a couple of that stuff for giving them the contents of the COSHH locker. I think I shat meslef too. Can't remember. Very messy..

Ive gotten hold of some Slivo for my works spring ball. Cod heads wont know whats hit them. HAHAHAHA!
SK

I've gone and filled up the motor now. 58 bastard quid mind! At this rate I'll not even be able to afford scnapps!
285 miles on the motorway
237 cross country

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
_scranbag The NAAFI Bar 137
Mighty_doh_nut Poetry Corner 11
Mighty_doh_nut The NAAFI Bar 11