Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Taffnp, Feb 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I regularly browse youtube and occasionally download a few fuuny clips etc.

Yesterday I noticed many clips had the audio tracks removed and oddball who had kindly uploaded Ross Kemps return to Afghanistan had disappeared.

My Avtar had gone, as I am now aware that you are not able to use stills from an uploaded clip.

Tonight I attempted to download a 5 min clip of the horrors of WW1 using previously proven software - youtubedownloader, orbit etc.

It got to 42% and stopped. Have youtube blocked downloading ? if not is there a succsessful programme ?

2. have just tried my software, fast video download add on with firefox, used last on tuesday and that isnt working now. looks like they have upgraded youtube.
    just have to wait now for the downloading software catches up :(
  3. Thank goodness I downloaded return to afghanistan episode 2 last night.
  4. that was what I downloaded on Tuesday. Shouldn't be too long before someone creates some new software.
  5. Have been playing with youtubedownloader - today I decided to donate some money via paypal - it was free - since then does not work :( I think Youtube is having a big sort out, being pressurised by record companies and sky - why should someone pay a subscription if they can see a programme they have aired, the following day on youtube ?

Maybe there should be an arrse FTP server ?
  6. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

The answer my friends in RapidShare and RapidFind

You do the googling !
  7. Even if Arrse did have an FTP server, it's still illegal to upload those files on to it, ie music/televisions series and what not..

Pretty shatty to be fair, however as far as all the Ross Kemp episodes go, people are still uploading them to youtube everyday, I watched it on there last night.

Oddballs videos have all been removed, all of the series anyay.

8. Can you still resurrect the file by locating it in Temporary Internet Files, relocating and renaming it, then view it using FLV Player?
  9. Firefox 'download helper' still works.
  10. I've just downloaded a video from Youtube using downloadhelper as well and can confirm this.
  11. Still using youtube downloader, no problems, although I am running the newest version (2.1.7)
  12. Get sky+ you pikeys :wink:
  13. Or Beefers.............
  14. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Or - if you're not in the UK...
  15. latest version of fast video download firefox add on Version 2.0 works.