Youtube downloader

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by gorilla, Feb 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title suggests, can someone recommend a decent free youtube downloader.

2. There is one in Free Studio Manager, an excellent suite of numerous media tools, file converters etc.

3. Mozilla Firefox - Add on DownloadHelper. Works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  4. use "torch" as your browser. It has a built in torrent manager, and you can download straight from xhamste.......errrrr.......YouTube.

5. This is what I use. Really good suite of programmes. Use the "Youtube to MP3" facility and it even downloads it to your player.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I've used the imaginatively named Youtube Downloader in the past, works fine.

Mmmm, Ronsealy.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yep, I think that is the one included in Free Studio Manager but also available separately, as are some of the other things.

8. I'm not too keen on downloading from CNET now. They seem to have come up with their own installer app. **** knows what you might be installing along with the program you want.

9. My bold ... ditto ... easy to use and does what it says ,

10. If you use the "torch" browser there is a little button at the top entitled "media." If you are on youtube and want the video, you just click the button and Torch does the rest for you automatically.

11. Been mentioned before but i'll add my two cents. I use both DownloadHelper and Youtube Downloader. Never had problems with either.

12. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Freestudio Manager is great as other posters have said and it comes with all sorts of other gadgets. However, it doesn't allow you to download stuff your Mum doesn't want you to see from "educational" sites... ;)