Youtube Channel- Joining Process

So, my biggest disappointment is that there is hardly any detailed videos on joining the British Army or what's life like in the army as a British soldier. My interest is that I'd start my own channel on YouTube dedicated to the army and what revolves around it (from an honest point of view, facts, opinions, etc.). Yes, I'm aware there are amazing USA soldiers with these kinds of channels.

I'm currently about a month or two in since I've officially sent my application off, and so far I've had a few experiences along the way already, both negative and positive. Whether this whole thing is a good idea or not, I'm not too sure. But if there's someone out there like me, who worries and prefers to be prepared or just generally wants to know the joining process at a detailed level, at least there would be one more source out there with information to help the person along the way.

I would most likely not show my face (I prefer showing my footage of games). I have a pretty good microphone for good audio and a brilliant editing software.

...No, the videos wont be poor as if it has been recorded with a potato.

What do you guys think? Did you want more information when you were joining the army?

Thank you :)

(P.S I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong category, new to the site.)

So, my biggest disappointment is that there is hardly any detailed videos on joining the British Army or what's life like in the army as a British soldier. My interest is that I'd start my own channel on YouTube dedicated to the army and what revolves around it (from an honest point of view, facts, opinions, etc.). Yes, I'm aware there are amazing USA soldiers with these kinds of channels.

I'm currently about a month or two in since I've officially sent my application off, and so far I've had a few experiences along the way already, both negative and positive. Whether this whole thing is a good idea or not, I'm not too sure. But if there's someone out there like me, who worries and prefers to be prepared or just generally wants to know the joining process at a detailed level, at least there would be one more source out there with information to help the person along the way.

I would most likely not show my face (I prefer showing my footage of games). I have a pretty good microphone for good audio and a brilliant editing software.

...No, the videos wont be poor as if it has been recorded with a potato.

What do you guys think? Did you want more information when you were joining the army?

Thank you :)

(P.S I'm sorry if I've posted in the wrong category, new to the site.)
While I can only applaud your intentions, you must consider that your videos may quickly become out of date, as processes, requirements and information change.

The best course of action is of course for people to contact their army careers advisor [or whatever they're now called].

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Plus once you are in the system, recording "shows" during training might be somewhat frowned upon by your instructors...

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I'm shocked at the lack of information around joining the army, I'm grateful this site exists or I'd be really put off, the opinions on here don't always paint a glamorous picture of the army, but it's a relatively realistic one.

I don't like how propaganda-y the army website is, I suppose it's like any real job, they paint a picture of what it's like on their website and in reality, the work/job you do is nothing like you expected, or how they made it seem in the interview/on the website.

But really the more I learn about and see of the army from insider videos and websites like this, the more I see that actually it isn't AMAZING and the most brilliant career for absolutely everyone, but it is still a great option with good opportunities for the right minded people.

-

So to answer your question, I would love to see more information and videos being put out there, it's quite suspicious that no youtubers like the US Army has, exist within the British Army... perhaps it's frowned upon by command, and I imagine you'd have the piss ripped out of you constantly by your mates. A lot of the big US army Youtubers are young Officers in offices, I guess they're pretty detached from the reality and banter a little.