Apologies if it's been covered before, but this is a welcome psotive story about "local youths". http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/6105092.stm Full text: Trick-or-treating youths rescued a man from a house fire in Bristol. The group of six teenagers saw flames coming from a window at a house in Meadow Vale, Speedwell, then broke the window and saw the man on the floor. "We saw him knocked out so we went in and dragged him out," said 18-year-old Ross Vinicombe. The man, Mike Starr, 33, went to hospital with suspected smoke inhalation. The fire is believed to have started accidentally. Joanne Thomas, 42, who lives two doors away, went with Mr Starr to hospital. "When we got there we were told if it hadn't been for them breaking the window, he wouldn't be here but he's OK now, thank God," she said. Once Mr Starr was safely out of the house the youths returned inside to check for his children. It was later confirmed they had been staying elsewhere. "I'm really proud of them all," said Ross's mother Michelle. A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue Service praised the bravery of the group. "Obviously what these young people did was extremely brave and quick thinking. It is a great example of community spirit. However, if someone does find a fire we'd recommend them to stay outside and call 999 as they could get injured themselves."