Youre a very naughty ex Sapper

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Track_Link, Sep 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A man hailed as a hero for saving a policeman from rioting hooligans has been jailed for making a hoax 999 call which sparked a £1m rescue operation

"He was wearing a replica police stab vest and utility belt at the time of his arrest." Oh dear... Oh dear indeed.
  2. Tom Bardsley was not an Army medic. He was a Royal Engineer, much to our shame. He was SNLR'd in 2005. He did not deploy to Iraq because it was deemed he would end up getting people killed because of his stupidity. Type Tom Bardsley into Facebook and see what it comes up with.
  3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Wasn't this the guy who pulled the invisible man out of the canal by Duke's 92? Rozzers turned up and asked him where the rescuee was, and he tried to blag they'd wandered off?

Story was covered about two months ago.
  4. I have updated the title - seems he is a bit of an odd one!
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Hero complex, apparently. Got quite fond of the limelight.
  6. I never knew Tom B. thankfully going by the posts here! In the Sequel to "Pull Up a Sandbag" there will be a story about another strange Sapper but not for the same reasons as Mr. Bardsley, rather for the hilarious things he got up to wherever he was posted with the Corps... 8O
  7. Funny lot, the Sappers: Charles Ingram?
  8. OK OK, we have our fair share of 'special' cases but there are some great Sappers too :D
  9. Wasn't the old line for the Sappers Mad Married and methodist?
  10. well two out of three isn't bad then pimpernel...

Queensman - assume that you've read this started by the mighty wedge?

Testimony to most Sappers having at least a few skeletons, this thread's post count will go through the roof as everyone who has ever stepped through the gates of Gib Bks pops in, to see if they are the subject of the thread!
  11. No offence meant, I come from a long scary line of Sappers (60 Fld, 72 Engr R V) and and I went Scot Div :D
  12. Thanks for that AB'06 - I'll plough through it all when I've got a bit more time. I've certainly heard of the 'Mad Methodist or Masonic' tag as mentioned (almost) above.

Ingram lives just round the corner from the Qm family pile - not that we see much of him these days.
  13. Tom Bardsley what a Star....

Attached Files:

14. The man is obviously a leg-end plant_life. Some of the comments in there re anecdotes are priceless. :D
  15. I recognise this madmans face for some reason, anyone know what unit he graced.

Theres more than one of these characters in the corp. Im waiting for another madman to make the national press for his bizareness, goes by the name of Tr***et. What a prize Fcukwit he is/was.