Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
Sorry, fella, but I was never in Baghdad during Granby. In fact, I was never in Baghdad period! And now we come to the posts that I never posted but were attributed to me by conveniently "forgetting" that I was actually translating stuff. Do you wonder why?

MsG
And the other two - the ones you were dicked to accompany - weren't there either? You lying cunt.

Sorry, fella, but I was never in Baghdad during Granby. In fact, I was never in Baghdad period! And now we come to the posts that I never posted but were attributed to me by conveniently "forgetting" that I was actually translating stuff. Do you wonder why?

MsG

Yes you were:

“I was a Scaley and due to that issued with a smudge. However, the only time I actually used it in a gen drama was on Granby. I got dicked to three-up with a brace of Monkeys, who needed a third bod to make up a team that had to scrawl a shake in Baghdad. Two sups tooled up with AKs suddenly came around a corner while we were OAB and clocked us as enemies. I instinctively cocked my smudge, switched to full-auto, and gave "the baddies” the good news in a short burst. All the while, the sprog Monkeys were so hucked, they hadn't even unhitched their L9s. So, fuck Monkeys if your arse is on the line."

Yes you were:

“I was a Scaley and due to that issued with a smudge. However, the only time I actually used it in a gen drama was on Granby. I got dicked to three-up with a brace of Monkeys, who needed a third bod to make up a team that had to scrawl a shake in Baghdad. Two sups tooled up with AKs suddenly came around a corner while we were OAB and clocked us as enemies. I instinctively cocked my smudge, switched to full-auto, and gave "the baddies” the good news in a short burst. All the while, the sprog Monkeys were so hucked, they hadn't even unhitched their L9s. So, **** Monkeys if your arse is on the line."

Nope. Nothing in there about translating someone else’s story...

Hilarious Bugsy, so to clarify, despite all your boasts, your German isn't really good enough to be a translator.
Just to be clear, spackerman, I never actually BOASTED about my German. When I originally mentioned it, it was because you yourself boasted that you'd spent far more than half your life in Germany. When I challenged your command of the language, you, very grudgingly, admitted that your knowledge of German was nil!

So you've cornered yourself some (one single) Boxheed, who's desperate to fall in line with other ARRSErs. And he's the sole evidence you have to "prove" that my German is shite? Really? How about engaging other capacities if you're really convinced that I can't understand, speak or read German and if you're so convinced that that's "important?. Although it's notable that you don't mention your own alleged knowledge" of German, spackerinski.

And why would you want to do that in the first place, spackerinski? Why would you want to"prove" my German is, "not really good enough"? How would that materially affect your personal life, spackerman? In short, what the fück difference is it ever going to make to you or your future?

MsG
Do we have a bit wee-wee in our kecks Bogsy? He never said that you can't understand, speak or read German. What he said is that your German isn't really good enough to be a translator.
And there is really no discussion about that, it is obvious even to a village idiot. Still want the job?

Cut ourselves wanking, have we now?

"we"? that's not a pleasant thought.

So you were never sent in as a decoy without ever your trusty desert eagle, sending out coded messages in Swiss German with a heavy Irish accent, designed to tie up the resources of Iraqs intelligence services trying to work out what was being said let alone what it meant

to be fair he could broadcast in clear (kind of) and it would tie up considerable resources, take a look at how many (hilarious) hours have been use on this thread alone.

but it's worth it

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Has anyone wondered why every time I post, I immediately trigger all the TAGs? Look at them go!! And they accuse me of being "TRIGGERED"!!! Ha, ha!

...He never said that you can't understand, speak or read German. What he said is that your German isn't really good enough to be a translator...

I was going to say something about how humiliating for @DaManBugs it must be to have his English comprehension corrected by a non-native English speaker, but then I remembered he wasn’t one either...

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Do we have a bit wee-wee in our kecks Bogsy? He never said that you can't understand, speak or read German. What he said is that your German isn't really good enough to be a translator.
And there is really no discussion about that, it is obvious even to a village idiot. Still want the job?
I'd suggest it's not totally clear to a Swiss German villiage idiot.....

BTW, Bogsy, the Swiss German villiage want you back, there's idioting for you to do..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

but apart from saying

his family died (twice)
owning a Desert Eagle
being a drug smuggler
knocking out a copper
being in the swiss army
being any kind of translator
being a CMT
being able to earn 300k a year
Olympic standard running
Brick carrying
shagging some famous bird he couldn't spell the name of
having an Italian wife*
smuggling books
having published several books
not being able to speak English until after he joined the army
he isn't triggered by anything

what lies has bugsy ever told to us?

1600804165219.png

*probably unlikely he's ever had any kind of wife

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
And the other two - the ones you were dicked to accompany - weren't there either? You lying ****.
So where are you getting your info from, DOB? Could it be the case that I never actually delivered it? Just asking, like.

MsG

Don't worry @Krautman , Bugsy bows to your greatness.

Just to make things clear: I’ve never, ever maintained that I’m some sort of “final authority” on German. I speak fluent German, including Swiss-German, true, but I always bow to those who’re “native speakers” of the language.

However he has been speaking bollocks German for over 40 years.

Moreover, I have conversations with Germans and Swiss-Germans practically every day in my job as a translator. Not one of them (in all the 40-plus years I've been at this caper) has ever remarked that my German (or Swiss-German - of which you're totally ignorant) is antiquated or in any way out of the ordinary. In view of that, and if it's all the same to you, I think I'll just disregard your more than questionable opinion.

However there really is no point in continuing to question Bugsy's failure with the German language as only he understands how it works.

I've no idea why you found it necessary to go into your superfluous-waffle mode, but from that, and from other stuff you've already posted, it's clear that we're not going to get any further with this because you're simply unable to understand the intrinsic structure of the language. You've no doubt got the "how", but you don't know, and probably aren't interested in, the "why". Although the "why" actually does help you to avoid linguistic mistakes and speak (and write) grammatically correct German. That's very much part of being "fluent" in a language.

It's difficult discussing with folks who don't know, but it's even more difficult discussing with folks who don't know (aren't aware) that they don't know.

Oops my mistake. Bugsy's been speaking ertsatz German for 48 years

while I've been living and working in various German-speaking countries and speaking the language for 48 years. Do you really think you can teach me anything? Don't you find that a bit of a supercilious attitude?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Could it be the case that I never actually delivered it? Just asking, like.
So given your alleged time in the Swiss Mil, are you now saying you also deliver parcels for....

ahem,

Yodel?

but apart from saying

his family died (twice)
owning a Desert Eagle
being a drug smuggler
knocking out a copper
being in the swiss army
being any kind of translator
being a CMT
being able to earn 300k a year
Olympic standard running
Brick carrying
shagging some famous bird he couldn't spell the name of
having an Italian wife*
smuggling books
having published several books
not being able to speak English until after he joined the army
he isn't triggered by anything

what lies has bugsy ever told to us?

View attachment 506531

*probably unlikely he's ever had any kind of wife

That’s not fair on him.

You forgot:

Having 3 mother tongues (INCLUDING English but not including Irish)
Aceing an imaginary 2-day IQ test on joining the Army
Being a world class cricket bowler
Wiring hidden microphones into his RHQ
Never having been beaten on the cobbles
Rediscovering how to make the colour ‘yellow’
Being best mates with David Bowie and Iggy Pop
Having 3 apartments in Berlin
Being an expert on the economics of the Irish cotton industry
Still being in the Army (in another Corps) in 1991 and deploying on Op Granby
Fighting in 4 wars
Still having 17” biceps

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
it's ok, Bugsy can't get his timeline right either
Of course he can, just ask to see his research on non-linear time spanning multiple parallel timelines, it's all there! i'm sure he'll provide the ISBN's along with the ones for all the other books he's had published.... won't you mush?

Latest Threads