Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
A stalwart Stalinist?

WTF. I don't know whether to puke or laugh.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Apologies :(
I must have hit the like/dumb button whilst trying to scroll up on an iPad. I didn't have my specs on either so missed that I had actually posted that.
I will take more care when using said equipment, again apologies. :(
No worries mate, I was just confused as to why :thumleft:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I've just found another 'unedited' photo on Alamy....

1600626831533.png

Looks like a big bag of exceptionally pure 'H' in yer hand there @DaManBugs - must be worth. oooooo.... I dunno, two thousand Lire? Just asking like fella....

Oi Mush!, looks like you've left your Dessert Eagle on the table as a paperweight, sort your admin out!

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I've just found another 'unedited' photo on Alamy....

View attachment 505965

Looks like a big bag of exceptionally pure 'H' in yer hand there @DaManBugs - must be worth. oooooo.... I dunno, two thousand Lire? Just asking like fella....

Oi Mush!, looks like you've left your Dessert Eagle on the table as a paperweight, sort your admin out!

"Dessert Eagle" is that a freudian slip? If only he'd eat his desserts!

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
"Dessert Eagle" is that a freudian slip? If only he'd eat his desserts!
It's what Bogsy referred to it as on more than one occasion I believe - I'm sure that the master of the rolls, a.k.a. @Dark_Nit can confirm or deny

ETA, whilst looking for it, I did find this classic i'd forgot about

Last edited:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Did we ever get to the bottom of why the TRF, is upside down?
Coat the wrong way up? or as he never served (or provided any proof that he did) just pure ignorance as to what is correct? Or maybe that's how CMT's are identified....

Last edited:
Coat the wrong way up? or as he never served (or provided any proof that he did) just pure ignorance as to what is correct? Or maybe that's how CMT's are identified....

All part of an RSM approved joke - that allowed him to wear an upside down flash for the rest of his career Apparrently.

Edit
If so he did better than me and I not only used to go shooting with the man but was a brat not squaddie
Ah young xxx how are you
Fine sir ( just politness)
And which dogs this
This is Tara** - Its a rat backwards ( it was a right scrawny gangly mongrel.
Raised eyebrow smile "More like TaRSM" the 2 junior officers - who i assume thought i was a squaddy rather than son of one looking somewhat aghast.

**Calling it Tara was funny right up until the KOSB iirc were the roulement regt and she escaped - and i was forced to walk around the barracks calling Tara -

Last edited:
Did we ever get to the bottom of why the TRF, is upside down?
I'm sure he'll be along soon with a convincing and in no way total bollocks reason.
[Nowah] Apparently, according to Bugsy, it was due to some kind of running joke in the unit involving the RSM that involved the TRF being flipped. Of course, TRFs weren't a thing back when he claims to have 'served', but there you go. He had to say something or risk looking a turnip.[/Nowah]

Seeing as Walter Mitty has had their own movie, perhaps The Secret Life of Bugsy could be a bestseller, although to really work narration from Alan Partridge would give it the edge

There was some totally believable tale about an RSM who never noticed it was upside down so they all did it for a "laugh" something along those lines.
I knew that there would be a factual and in no way made up reason. Particularly as I'm pretty certain the fad of wearing scout badges didn't kick in until years after the end of the liars military "career"

Thanks to @AdminVortex as well

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I knew that there would be a factual and in no way made up reason. Particularly as I'm pretty certain the fad of wearing scout badges didn't kick in until years after the end of the liars military "career"

Thanks to @AdminVortex as well
Well the first stage at least, they were about in his Granby period.

It's getting better and better our revolutionary/drug baron/restorer/world class translator/super soldier/pigeon whisperer also has what seems to be the NVA serviceflag on his other noodly arm. About the teasing earring and the sexy jeans we better keep quiet, although I am not sure that these photos are real. His clothes are clean and that makes me suspect that they are fake.
E7C5W7 (1).jpg

Latest Threads