Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

NSP

LE

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
I've asked you this already @DaManBugs where was this thread that is 10 years of age ?????
That's not what happened at all, GOB. When I initially registered on the website, I gave "English" and "German" as my "native languages" (I know, I know).

At that time, there was a further possibility to name another "mother tongue". I put down "Irish" (Gälisch) and somehow it turned into "Mandarin Chinese". I've no idea why. I e-mailed the website and asked for a correction, but the answer was that they only had room for so many languages and they had no facility to include Irish (Gälisch) because it was such a rare language that hardly anyone spoke.

MsG
Ah - it was the fault of someone else. You even lie when making your excuses and are nothing but a sad train-smash of humanity.

NSP

LE
Hmmm...

Second response....

Bogsys reply...

Well Bogsy, according to the Actual Irish Person who is a member of the Cumann Buan-Choimeádta na Gaeilge (you might have to look that one up Bogsy) those are Irish-alike made up words....

You smelly old liar :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
When you paste Geahn Caoimhin into Google Translate and ask it to "detect language" it is not Irish that it plumbs for...

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Where's this "Argentinia" place, then...?
Just of the North East coast of Grand Fenwick, if the online translator has got the hang of Bogsys Swiss German....

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
When you paste Geahn Caoimhin into Google Translate and ask it to "detect language" it is not Irish that it plumbs for...
Let me guess... does it autodetect 'bullshit'?

On the topic of the German language, I was interested to read an ongoing correspondence in The Times this week concerning German words used to question someone's masculinity.

Among them, I particularly liked sitzpinkler, a man who sits to urinate.

And, pantoffellheld, literally "slipper hero" or a man who has to ask his wife before he does anything.

Thought I'd just leave these here, in case they are any use. :)
Schlappschwanz would be, for the chaps with the limp cock but a big (virtual) Desert Eagle, apropriate to.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

“I was a Scaley and due to that issued with a smudge. However, the only time I actually used it in a gen drama was on Granby. I got dicked to three-up with a brace of Monkeys, who needed a third bod to make up a team that had to scrawl a shake in Baghdad. Two sups tooled up with AKs suddenly came around a corner while we were OAB and clocked us as enemies. I instinctively cocked my smudge, switched to full-auto, and gave "the baddies” the good news in a short burst. All the while, the sprog Monkeys were so hucked, they hadn't even unhitched their L9s. So, fuck Monkeys if your arse is on the line."
Guess who? When did you join the Signals Bugsy? Let alone the fact you claim to been on Granby.

That's not what happened at all, GOB. When I initially registered on the website, I gave "English" and "German" as my "native languages" (I know, I know).

At that time, there was a further possibility to name another "mother tongue". I put down "Irish" (Gälisch) and somehow it turned into "Mandarin Chinese". I've no idea why. I e-mailed the website and asked for a correction, but the answer was that they only had room for so many languages and they had no facility to include Irish (Gälisch) because it was such a rare language that hardly anyone spoke.

MsG

Yeah, right

“I was a Scaley and due to that issued with a smudge. However, the only time I actually used it in a gen drama was on Granby. I got dicked to three-up with a brace of Monkeys, who needed a third bod to make up a team that had to scrawl a shake in Baghdad. Two sups tooled up with AKs suddenly came around a corner while we were OAB and clocked us as enemies. I instinctively cocked my smudge, switched to full-auto, and gave "the baddies” the good news in a short burst. All the while, the sprog Monkeys were so hucked, they hadn't even unhitched their L9s. So, **** Monkeys if your arse is on the line."
Guess who? When did you join the Signals Bugsy?
Jesus. Gleaned from "The Big Book of Army Words".

DaManBugs

On ROPS
On ROPs
Book Reviewer
Ah - it was the fault of someone else. You even lie when making your excuses and are nothing but a sad train-smash of humanity.
Whatever! Believe what the fück you want, fella! You are already more than eager to adhere to the "Anti-Bugsy" programme.

Mit sozialischtem Grüß, Genosse!

MsG
But not so rare that the Army couldn't manage to find one of the few monolingual speakers, and recruit them into an organisation that requires instantaneous obedience of English commands.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Oddly enough, ' Schlappschwanz ' translates into 'Geahn Caoimhin' when you go from German to Irish, but 'Geahn Caoimhin' from Irish to German comes out as 'Fotze'
How strange is that?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads