Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
What is this drivel?

Oh yer, Bogsy Boxhead.....
It plays with the old myth of German punctuality. The soldier is 5 Minutes early, the medic (Sanitäter) 10 minutes late. Escobugs, who between all his other professions, claims to be a medic (Sanitäter) thinks that is funny.

Yet he claims on there to have English & German as his 'mother tongue' - Didn't he claim on here that he learnt English only after he joined the British Army?

I smell a rat....

You have my sympathy, as your olfactory system is about to go into melt down.

Given that he told us this:

What a pity the timelines don't chime, eh? I lived in the GDR in 1977/78. I was a dealer from 1987 to 1990 in Italy and Switzerland. Do you see some discrepancy there?

Funnily enough, I brought loads of bud and solid from West to East Berlin. The comrades smoked it, they liked it, but went back to their favoured drug alcohol. I suppose it's just what you're used to, innit?

MsG

and then this on another site in 2012:

Comment
Lieber Rex, merci vielmals für die Aufklärung, aber ich diente drei Jahre bei der Schweizer Armee und zwölf Jahre bei der britischen. Mir geht es darum, ob beim Bund allfällige Begriffe benutzt werden, die das Marschieren salopp umschreiben, und ob diese Begriffe auch allgemein bekannt sind und so von "ehemaligen" verstanden werden.
#3AuthorBugay (596103)12 Jan 12, 00:22

I'm in awe that he managed to squeeze in 3 years service in the Swiss Army even though (as a non-Swiss citizen) he would have been prohibited from serving.

Truly wonderous.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Since I served in the Swiss Army for three years (and also 12 years with the British Army), I asked former comrades in Switzerland, but so far without result. They only know (like me) the "house fight".
That bit you mean?

I suspect the only 'house fight' he had was resisting his fathers attentions, apparently....

I'm going to dig out a S10 to read the rest.....

You have my sympathy, as your olfactory system is about to go into melt down.

Given that he told us this:

and then this on another site in 2012:

Comment
Lieber Rex, merci vielmals für die Aufklärung, aber ich diente drei Jahre bei der Schweizer Armee und zwölf Jahre bei der britischen. Mir geht es darum, ob beim Bund allfällige Begriffe benutzt werden, die das Marschieren salopp umschreiben, und ob diese Begriffe auch allgemein bekannt sind und so von "ehemaligen" verstanden werden.
#3AuthorBugay (596103)12 Jan 12, 00:22

I'm in awe that he managed to squeeze in 3 years service in the Swiss Army even though (as a non-Swiss citizen) he would have been prohibited from serving.

Truly wonderous.
Unnecessary small details that do not allow a judgement on the total work of art, the Universal Soldier.

Motörhead have made a song about Escobugs:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I recently read an interesting advertisement from a small publishing house in Belfast, in which a translator was sought to translate a book (novel) into "Swiss-German". Since I grew up in Ireland and Switzerland, I became curious and called there. Despite my assertions that the written language in Swiss German differs only slightly from normal use, the lady (Northern Irishwoman) at the other end of the line insisted that it was a completely different language and had to be translated accordingly.
REALLY?

The best comment has to be:-
Bugay, what is this miraculous dialect that you speak?
Herr Flammenkecks strikes again!

A local authority hovel?
I'm not sure, I don't think the council would be allowed to rent out such a rathole, you should see it on Google maps, its a proper dump.
Obviously its all a front for Bugsy the big time business man, inside it actually a mansion.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmmm...

Again, a tricky question in the military field, with which I do not quite get along. It is a description of the order awarded to a member of the British Army at the time. The whole sentence reads:....
Second response....
No.
For this I would have liked to know from you what Geahn Caoimhin means (if at all)

Bogsys reply...
Ist zwar ein wenig "off-thread", aber wenn du's "John Kevin" ausspricht, so liegst du ungefähr richtig.
It's a little off-thread, but if you pronounce it "John Kevin," you're about right.

Well Bogsy, according to the Actual Irish Person who is a member of the Cumann Buan-Choimeádta na Gaeilge (you might have to look that one up Bogsy) those are Irish-alike made up words....

You smelly old liar :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I'm not sure, I don't think the council would be allowed to rent out such a rathole, you should see it on Google maps, its a proper dump.
Obviously its all a front for Bugsy the big time business man, inside it actually a mansion.
Got a link? - just for morbid curiosity

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I'll leave this here for later....
That sounds pretty good with the "use braces," Rex. Is this the case that such braces are only awarded once? For example, during my time in the British Army, I was in Northern Ireland a total of five times, but I only got one brace for it.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
5 NI tours hmm, certainly sounds legit that
On which side though?
ETA - I'm suprised he could find the time....

5 NI tours hmm, certainly sounds legit that

To be fair it doesn't say 5 NI tours, only that he was in NI 5 times whilst he in the British Army, perhaps he made a few trips to sell the pure stuff?

He speaks Chinese (Mandarin) also:

. . . and as a 'Mother Tongue', no less!

Though he seems a touch unsure as to how to spell his name in Irish:

Public profile: Bugay (Realname: Geahn Caoimhin)

Interesting that he actually has THREE mother tongues - and NONE of them are Irish!

Beggars belief...wait...no, it’s Bugsy: carry on normal jogging...

In this thread, the first reply is to correct his use of German....

His reply is surprisingly polite though. He does try to make an excuse, but he doesn’t go into the full Bugsy triggered meltdown that we all enjoy.

I’m surprised he didn’t accuse the bloke of being one of the ‘Leo vermin’.

His reply is surprisingly polite though. He does try to make an excuse, but he doesn’t go into the full Bugsy triggered meltdown that we all enjoy.

I’m surprised he didn’t accuse the bloke of being one of the ‘Leo vermin’.
Clearly he was in the second album phase, still experimenting and finding his style.

What we now get on here is the Greatest Hits tour.

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
On the topic of the German language, I was interested to read an ongoing correspondence in The Times this week concerning German words used to question someone's masculinity.

Among them, I particularly liked sitzpinkler, a man who sits to urinate.

And, pantoffellheld, literally "slipper hero" or a man who has to ask his wife before he does anything.

Thought I'd just leave these here, in case they are any use. :)

Latest Threads