"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

However, I don't go to scale modelling shows
Event of your choice.
Doesn't matter really, the characteristics are similar.

Thread drift...
I was exhibiting a few years ago somewhere in Shropshire ... bloke comes up to me, badges, Bogsy type floppy hat (also with badges) camera, rucksack and BO. Starts chuntering on about some obscure details of a model that wasn't mine, then tells me about his journey to get to the exhibition by bus etc etc etc.

After a few minutes of being polite, I tell him that I'm on lunch and so hand over to my oppo and head off to the dining room. Throbber follows me still talking until I point out to him that I'm about to enter the ehibitors dining area and he can't come in. I leave him with "nice talking to you..." and close the door after me.

[/drift off]

Event of your choice.

Thread drift...
I was exhibiting a few years ago somewhere in Shropshire ... bloke comes up to me, badges, Bogsy type floppy hat (also with badges) camera, rucksack and BO. Starts chuntering on about some obscure details of a model that wasn't mine, then tells me about his journey to get to the exhibition by bus etc etc etc.

After a few minutes of being polite, I tell him that I'm on lunch and so hand over to my oppo and head off to the dining room. Throbber follows me still talking until I point out to him that I'm about to enter the ehibitors dining area and he can't come in. I leave him with "nice talking to you..." and close the door after me.

[/drift off]
You sure it wasn't Baglock describing his bus journey

The BO sounds a bit of a giveaway as well

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Event of your choice.

Thread drift...

[/drift off]
I think my best moment of WTAF at a show was hearing one identical to the list mong turn to another identical mong and say " That orc is the wrong colour"

I think my best moment of WTAF at a show was hearing one identical to the list mong turn to another identical mong and say " That orc is the wrong colour"
Was that the Tolkein equivalent of having your patch on upside down?

. . . which is complete bollox, if you read JRRT's original: orcs, depending where they originated, are variously described as small, man-sized, sallow skinned, dark skinned, etc.

Anoraks? Pfft!

. . . which is complete bollox, if you read JRRT's original: orcs, depending where they originated, are variously described as small, man-sized, sallow skinned, dark skinned, etc.

Anoraks? Pfft!
#UrakHaiLivesMatter or something

Trust me, they're real to some people.
I suspect they're more 'real' to anyone who's seen the Lord of the Rings films than quite a few things that actually exist.

Ask someone to draw you a picture of a LotR orc and you'd probably get something vaguely accurate. Ask them to draw a picture of a bush baby or a lamprey or an axlotl and I think the results would be interesting.

If someone cares enough to make a model of an orc chances are that it's more faithful to the reference material than if the same person made a model of downtown Mogadishu or the inside of a 747 or a Siberian hamster. Those that are interested will always find small mistakes, most people couldn't care less. The only real difference is what people are interested in.

Yes, I am this bored.

I suspect they're more 'real' to anyone who's seen the Lord of the Rings films than quite a few things that actually exist.

Ask someone to draw you a picture of a LotR orc and you'd probably get something vaguely accurate. Ask them to draw a picture of a bush baby or a lamprey or an axlotl and I think the results would be interesting.

If someone cares enough to make a model of an orc chances are that it's more faithful to the reference material than if the same person made a model of downtown Mogadishu or the inside of a 747 or a Siberian hamster. Those that are interested will always find small mistakes, most people couldn't care less. The only real difference is what people are interested in.

Yes, I am this bored.
When I was a kid my RE teacher made us paint eggs for Easter, all the Bible fables and lambs in fields and being close to God stuff. I did the Eye Of Sauron, all in black and red and gold. I was pretty shit at painting anyway, which I think gave it that proper Orc handiwork look. She fucking hated it and me. Fucking old cow.

I'm mildly disappointed he's not given me a 'hilarious' name change yet.

*note to self: must try harder, maybe in Austrian.
I think I will never be honoured with one as its so far proven to difficult for him to bastardise my user name -

Thus im ignored and will never be elevated to arse vermin

Edited - because owing to my lack of clarity - people missed my point and demonstrated (admirably) that they're smatter than bugsy. Even @moderator who is generally on a par with yeast :boogie:

Last edited:
I think I will never be honoured with one as its to difficult to bastardise my user name -

Thus im ignored and will never be elevated to arse vermin
Way back in the days of yore the Mod Sixty had the original username of 'Sixty Foot Doll' then he/she/it shortened it.
Bugsy cleverly transposed this to 'Sixty Dot Fool' and if he can do that then he can sure come up with something for you.

Latest Threads