"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
View attachment 478415

I imagine this had been said already, but surely that TRF is upside down. I know that people do sew them on upside down, but surely someone must have told him.....
I'd be surprised if no members of the public had commented on this to him.
Maybe he tells his SWP colleagues that it is the flag of some mysterious country...?

morsk

LE
Did you see his Grindr photo?
To be honest, it make no difference to me if he is gay or not. Not being an homo myself, it holds very little interest.

needlewaver

War Hero
View attachment 478415

I imagine this had been said already, but surely that TRF is upside down. I know that people do sew them on upside down, but surely someone must have told him.....
When he sewed the TRF on to his Peter Stormtrooper ‘Urban Warrior’ jacket it was actually the right way up. Unfortunately, his jacket was upside down.

An easy mistake to make but what of the pin on badges worn like a Korean General’s medals? Anybody recognise any of them?

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
When he sewed the TRF on to his Peter Stormtrooper ‘Urban Warrior’ jacket it was actually the right way up. Unfortunately, his jacket was upside down.

An easy mistake to make but what of the pin on badges worn like a Korean General’s medals? Anybody recognise any of them?
One looks like the sort that a three year old would get for not crying at the Dentists..... another appears to be just an 'a' which could be from Amazon, or maybe it's an Asbestos warning - or maybe just denotes 'arsehole'?

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt

An easy mistake to make
I don't believe that explanation.
The other badges on his jacket were all sewn on the right way up, including the GDR one.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
One looks like the sort that a three year old would get for not crying at the Dentists..... another appears to be just an 'a' which could be from Amazon, or maybe it's an Asbestos warning - or maybe just denotes '********'?
I think the one with the arrow is the Anti Nazi League.
The blue and white one is "Hands Off NHS"

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Can anybody outside of ParaReg remember using TRFs in the 1960s and 1970s?
I'm pretty sure my lot didn't, I never had one anyway and that was 1975-1986.
I think you "had to" pay for them, which was an outrage.
They were certainly never issued to be sewn onto civilian clothing anyway.
But the guy is an OAP, so whatever keeps him happy.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Ah the TRF, no doubt the keeper of the rolls @stacker1 can provide the link, but it went along the lines of " It was a joke they played on the RSM who hadn't noticed he'd got his on upside down" So up there as the usual unbelievable sort of thing, that anybody with more than 5 minutes service would peg as utter drivel.

One looks like the sort that a three year old would get for not crying at the Dentists..... another appears to be just an 'a' which could be from Amazon, or maybe it's an Asbestos warning - or maybe just denotes '********'?
perhaps when the gentleman surfaces from his Aldi Cider fuelled incapacitation he will be happy to conduct a guided tour of his highly decorated ‘Urban Warrior‘ jacket.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Can anybody outside of ParaReg remember using TRFs in the 1960s and 1970s?
I'm pretty sure my lot didn't, I never had one anyway and that was 1975-1986.
To be pedantic, I think TRFs started in 5 Airborne / 16 Air Assault Brigade, before being inflicted on the rest of the army.

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
Ah the TRF, no doubt the keeper of the rolls @stacker1 can provide the link, but it went along the lines of " It was a joke they played on the RSM who hadn't noticed he'd got his on upside down" So up there as the usual unbelievable sort of thing, that anybody with more than 5 minutes service would peg as utter drivel.
Apart from the fact that @DaManBugs doesn't have an "RSM" as he is a civilian wearing civilian clothing.

Latest Threads