"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
I really can't understand why people reply to this thread, I certainly wouldn't.
I used to be a cynic, but my heart wasn't in it.....

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Speaking of rivers, Brotherton Lad, was the area called "der Spreewald" out of bounds to you? Or did you ever get around to visiting it at any time after that?
I got to see a few bits. Lovely countryside. This slice will give you a flavour of what was available in the mid 1980s. Had an interesting conversation with a naked mother and daughter over lunch by one of the lakes in proper FKK. (perhaps 40 and 20 years old):

img312 (3).jpg

Glue_Sniffer

Old-Salt
I got to see a few bits. Lovely countryside. This slice will give you a flavour of what was available in the mid 1980s. Had an interesting conversation with a naked mother and daughter over lunch by one of the lakes in proper FKK. (perhaps 40 and 20 years old):

View attachment 477710
Was the encounter with the naked women just to the south of COTTBUS?
Looks like you may have subtly marked the map to remind yourself of that location....

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Was the encounter with the naked women just to the south of COTTBUS?
Looks like you may have subtly marked the map to remind yourself of that location....
Sadly not, but I do recognise the reference.

Strictly speaking the prominence is to the north of the city.
I'd also add that it was a very sexually charged encounter. Makes for an interesting conversation.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer

View attachment 477710
The "Spreewald" is well worth a visit, especially because they do just about everything by boat. Even the kids on the way to school are brought there by boat. I was first there in 1977, when there weren't so many "tourists". Then again in 1991, but it (Lübbenau) was chocka with screaming kids and it was a completely different experience.

That's also an interesting map you provided. I find it surprising that you seem to have had access to Vetschau, for there was a large Soviet barracks there and also, on the outskirts, a huge set of rockets that had greened-up roofs over them that could be rolled back. I had the opportunity to have a good butcher's around the place in about 1994 because a mate of mine was providing security there. All the rockets were long gone, but the cammed up building where they put them together was still there, empty, of course. All in all a very interesting place.

MsG

One video

The difference being that whilst Marc Almond is a raving pooftah, they have made something of their life unlike Drugsy

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
The "Spreewald" is well worth a visit, especially because they do just about everything by boat. Even the kids on the way to school are brought there by boat. I was first there in 1977, when there weren't so many "tourists". Then again in 1991, but it (Lübbenau) was chocka with screaming kids and it was a completely different experience.

That's also an interesting map you provided. I find it surprising that you seem to have had access to Vetschau, for there was a large Soviet barracks there and also, on the outskirts, a huge set of rockets that had greened-up roofs over them that could be rolled back. I had the opportunity to have a good butcher's around the place in about 1994 because a mate of mine was providing security there. All the rockets were long gone, but the cammed up building where they put them together was still there, empty, of course. All in all a very interesting place.

MsG
That's the PRA map of 1984 as amended in 1986 after long talks following the killing of Maj Arthur Nicholson in March 1985. The maps were very cleverly drawn and until 1986 boundary roads themselves were out of bounds to us so the Spreewald with its rivers and lakes was tricky country to penetrate. The only visit I remember was getting down towards Cottbus in order to collect young vegetation for analysis after Chernobyl.

I consider myself superior to others when there are demonstrable criteria for the given subject. For example; I am superior to my father at running. I can run faster over any distance than he can.

My go:
Why do you repeatedly change other user's profile names on here when quoting or referring to them?
So are you superior to a Dwarf because you can run faster than them?

I would just ignore the idiot, Superior is an ugly word!

Nah: can't be . . .

Can it?!

'A man was taken to hospital with multiple injuries after being attacked with an axe.

Three men riding bikes were approached by a man carrying the weapon in Bestwood Lodge Drive, Nottingham, at about 21:40 BST on Friday. . . '

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

Can it?!

'A man was taken to hospital with multiple injuries after being attacked with an axe.

Three men riding bikes were approached by a man carrying the weapon in Bestwood Lodge Drive, Nottingham, at about 21:40 BST on Friday. . . '
It's seriously out of area for Pigeon-shouters...

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer

Can it?!

I think the word "unprovoked" makes it unlikely to be yer man ...