"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Who rusted first?

I'm under the impression that "we" didn't recognise the Volkspolizei's authority, how was that one sorted out? I imagine with the loud, soldierlike direction to "fetch a Soviet officer (in German)"?
Yes, I'm a German speaker. The Soviet Kommandatura were called out and I was invited to sign an 'Akt' by the GRU Major whilst sitting in a Vopo Barkus van. I refused to sign. At that point we were released and advised to drive directly back to West Berlin.

Let’s just remember at this point that Mods on websites are supposed to be “neutral”. They’re supposed to maintain a certain level of “decorum” and make sure that no-one is insulted, abused or harassed on their particular threads (such guidelines are actually a part of the ARRSE rules). Do ARSSE Mods, in general, do that? I really don’t think so. My absolute example of what a Mod should be and do on any website remains your man @Sixty there. He actually stated in response to one of my posts (long before he became a Mod) that: “I really, really dislike you!” Yet he was willing to forego all that and become a real and genuine ARRSE Mod.
He hasn't always been Sixty's bezzer.
He even gave him a childish name once, when Sixty pointed out his post about enjoying seeing some US soldiers being killed.
His explanation for the post was a great work of fiction in it's own right.

Good! I'm glad you posted that, the artist formerly known as Sixtydotfool, because it gives me an opportunity to clarify the matter. So cheers for that, mucker.

Yes, I posted that. The original plan was to allow a few posts expressing, entirely justifiable, outrage at my deliberately provocative statements and then post again with my true feelings, but at the same time also drawing attention to the fact that up to that point not one thread had been started about all the Iraqui victims of the war. If you remember, I did start that thread too.

However, things didn't go as planned, for a few minutes later, I received a phone call that one of my brothers had had a severe prang in his jam-jar. I immediately rushed to the dock to be with him and his family.

When I arrived back home the next day, with my bro finally out of danger, the shite had hit the fan and my inbox was chokka with PMs. To actually explain the true situation at that point would only have sounded like a very lame excuse, so I did the only thing possible, bit the bullet and posted a sincere apology. Which everybody, apart from you, seemed to have accepted, more or less, after they'd ripped me a new one.

The thing is that my post is dated 20 June 2006. So that means you've kept that for over three years, hoping that you could bung it in somewhere. I'm sorry, mucker, but you really are a fückin' psycho, d'ya know that? What sort of twisted, perverted brain would hang onto something for over three years, just to get in a cheap shot at some stage down the line? The mind boggles.

arrse is sort of care in the community for Bogsy.

It keeps him from shouting at the pigeons

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
arrse is sort of care in the community for Bogsy.

It keeps him from shouting at the pigeons
Not a chance!
He's got a Pigeon-shouters ghillie suit now....
1590769433729.png

Seemingly it makes internet keyboard mashing difficult

needlewaver

War Hero
Yes, I'm a German speaker. The Soviet Kommandatura were called out and I was invited to sign an 'Akt' by the GRU Major whilst sitting in a Vopo Barkus van. I refused to sign. At that point we were released and advised to drive directly back to West Berlin.
Wasn’t the Akt just a vehicle to try and obtain a tourer’s flick with the object of producing spurious docs allegedly coughing to all sorts of tomfoolery?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Wasn’t the Akt just a vehicle to try and obtain a tourer’s flick with the object of producing spurious docs allegedly coughing to all sorts of tomfoolery?
It was. Pukka typewriter job which I was obliged to say I could not sign. That then led to a protest meeting at HQ GSFG where tour officers might have been PNG'ed.

I survived several such incidents and was even treated to lunch in the back of a Zil by a Soviet Div Comd at Havelberg. He reminded us that Havelberg was the spot where the Sov and Brit armies had met in 1945. Fitting given that we'd been photographing his Div river crossing of the Elbe until we were caught.

It was. Pukka typewriter job which I was obliged to say I could not sign. That then led to a protest meeting at HQ GSFG where tour officers might have been PNG'ed.

I survived several such incidents and was even treated to lunch in the back of a Zil by a Soviet Div Comd at Havelberg. He reminded us that Havelberg was the spot where the Sov and Brit armies had met in 1945. Fitting given that we'd been photographing his Div river crossing of the Elbe until we were caught.
How were they crossing, from a point of professional interest?

Your SOXMIS oppos used to appear every time we put in an M2 bridge.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
How were they crossing, from a point of professional interest?

Your SOXMIS oppos used to appear every time we put in an M2 bridge.
PTS and PMP from memory. Though I may be confusing two different incidents; the other one was further upstream and involved an exciting chase by a Kraz 255.

It is 34 years ago.

ETA. Actually they may have been crossing the Havel rather than the larger Elbe. That is where the confluence is.

Last edited:
PTS and PMP from memory. Though I may be confusing two different incidents; the other one was further upstream and involved an exciting chase by a Kraz 255.

It is 34 years ago.

ETA. Actually they may have been crossing the Havel rather than the larger Elbe. That is where the confluence is.
Yes the Elbe would be a bit wide for a PMP I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Speaking of rivers did you know the phrase 'going on a Spree' is named after the Berlin one?
Speaking of rivers, Brotherton Lad, was the area called "der Spreewald" out of bounds to you? Or did you ever get around to visiting it at any time after that?

I really can't understand why people reply to this thread, I certainly wouldn't.

Latest Threads