"You're a poo-poo head!"..."No, you're a poo-poo head" - Sticky for handbag swinging

Don't worry @Krautman as a native born German speaker, you are unfortunately inferior in your own language than Herr Bugsmeister!

The Boxheeds themselves often make mistakes, and I love nothing more than pulling them up on them. A case in point would be that the Boxheeds very often confuse their two words for "the same". They have "dasselbe", which refers to one object, and also "das gleiche", which refers to two or more identical objects. So a typical example would be:

Boxheed: "Wir haben dieselben T-Shirts" - We have the same T-shirts.
Bugsy: "Nein, wir haben die gleichen T-Shirts."
Boxheed: "Die gleichen?" - The same?
Bugsy: "Freilich! Kannst nicht einmal deine eigene Muttersprache, Alter." - Of course! You can't even speak your own native language, mucker.

Cue red faces all round.

If only Germans could speak their own language like Bugsy eh?!
It could be argued that they are both wrong, with the Boxhead being more correct than Bugsy.
"T-shirts" should have been the singular "T-shirt," referring to the same (singular) print design or color of the multiple shirts.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer
The only German phrase I can reliably remember is:-
Ich könnte meine Meinung ändern, aber dann würden wir beide falsch

I've used it often when submitting defect reports to German car manufacturers.....

Is that right now, AddmyForeskin? So can you name any recently translated books that contained the name(s) of the translators? Can you point us to any EU documents that contained the names of any translators? You can't! We operate in a different world and any translations we deliver are attributed to the original author and we don't mind. You really have no idea of how "our" world works, fella.

I started in the translation industry something like 45 years ago. You have no possible idea just how difficult things were at the time. There was no internet then. Any reputation was passed on largely by "word of mouth". I earned what I am in that time, and I'm proud of what I did because it laid the foundation for what happens today. It means that even companies that are "new kids on the block" approach me because they're aware of my reputation. So what are the constant "ARRSE detractor" going to say about that, eh?

MsG
All well and good. Now would you care to explain why, despite being a massive earner in the world of translation, you dress like a tramp and live in a hovel?

Still using the made up name that-looks-Irish-but-isn't I see...

Maybe the four connections are also the four subscribers on youtube?

~Coincidentally also devoid of meaningful content, just like his posts on here

devoid of any content now

1590739411372.png

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
How would you know, mush? You don't even speak the language, so I could write any old mumbo-jumbo and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Quite apart from that, your man Dooky_Boy there introduced his own rule that he'd bin me if I wrote German. He even binned me one time when another ARRSEr asked me a question in German and I replied in the same language. Not that he's biased or anything.:smile::smile::smile:

On another note: don't you think you're taking the whole thing (and yourself) far too seriously? Chill out a bit, fella, you're far to uptight. Think of your blood pressure.

MsG
My bold: let's face it mate, you usually do post any old mumbo-jumbo! Plain truth would be a good start.

I'm afraid I've never heard of Otto Korzenzy, old chap. Are you sure you've spelt that correctly?
Otto Skorzeny, Austrian, die hard Nazi, SS-Obersturmbannführer, "liberated" Mussolini with Operation Eiche, a shady character and criminal.

Otto Skorzeny, Austrian, die hard Nazi, SS-Obersturmbannführer, "liberated" Mussolini with Operation Eiche, a shady character and criminal.
You may have missed what started all this off. Bugsy misspelled his name as Korzenzy. @BlackDyke made a one-word post with the correct spelling.
This was enough for Bugsy to go off like a volcano.

You may have missed what started all this off. Bugsy misspelled his name as Korzenzy. @BlackDyke made a one-word post with the correct spelling.
Oh, I've missed that indeed. Sorry.

Oh yeah FatMingeGoretex? What do you hope to achieve by pointing that out? I bet you're sat at home now feeling all smug and superior just because you pointed out something that Krautman didn't spot in the hundreds of posts Bugsy has made.

Do you think the ARRSE heavyweights will accept you now? The fact is that you're unimportant and just trying to join in with the cool kids by pointing out errors. I notice that the rest of his post was fine but you never mention the stuff he got right do you? You spend your days hounding people over the tiniest of misremembered details to fill your sad existence. When I was teaching Michael Jordan how to do a slamdunk in 1994 he never focussed on the things he got wrong. You could do with taking a lesson from the second greatest basketball player (after me, obviously) but you're too arrogant to even think about doing that.

Well I've got news for you shitlips! You fayled!!!! Try as hard as you might, I'm not bovverred and nuffing you say will chanj that!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p Ask yourself this, if I thought you were sooperior to me I mite have spent a long tyme typing out all of this witty rebuttal to your observation but that's NÖT TRÜE!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

(All of the above may be total bollocks)

Last edited:
Oh yeah FatMingeGoretex? What do you hope to achieve by pointing that out? I bet you're sat at home now feeling all smug and superior just because you pointed out something that Krautman didn't spot in the hundreds of posts Bugsy has made.

Do you think the ARRSE heavyweights will accept you now? The fact is that you're unimportant and just trying to join in with the cool kids by pointing out errors. I notice that the rest of his post was fine but you never mention the stuff he got right do you? You spend your days hounding people over the tiniest of misremembered details to fill your sad existence. When I was teaching Michael Jordan how to do a slamdunk in 1994 he never focussed on the things he got wrong. You could to with taking a lesson from the second greatest basketball player (after me, obviously) but you're too arrogant to even think about doing that.

Well I've got news for you shitlips! You fayled!!!! Try as hard as you might, I'm not bovverred and nuffing you say will chanj that!!!!! :p:p:p:p:p:p Ask yourself this, if I thought you were sooperior to me I mite have spent a long tyme typing out all of this witty rebuttal to your observation but that's NÖT TRÜE!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Fück me a Bugsy walt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the ARRSE heavyweights will accept you now? The fact is that you're unimportant and just trying to join in with the cool kids by pointing out errors. I notice that the rest of his post was fine but you never mention the stuff he got right do you? You spend your days hounding people over the tiniest of misremembered details to fill your sad existence. When I was teaching Michael Jordan how to do a slamdunk in 1994 he never focussed on the things he got wrong. You could to with taking a lesson from the second greatest basketball player (after me, obviously) but you're too arrogant to even think about doing that.

Uncanny...