Your user names

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Higgs_bosun, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some are pure entertainment, others incredibly clever... but user names often have walting undertones... tongue in cheek examples apart. It's amazing how much a user name can say about you.

Discuss.

Will Sf_sniper and Canopy_lover please step forward to take your awards?

Are Brown_job and Rubber_luver wise choices?

Perhaps Jesus_christ is in bad taste...but there is no evidence of moderation.

Ok.. Boring_twat is up for grabs... I'll get my head down again...zzzz.

2. I chose mine because superdeathkillcommando was already taken.

3. I thought mine had a nice jolly ring to it. I was tempted to change Arte to Farty, but that sounded a bit rude.

So I didn't.

4. Mine was a nickname we gave to some unfortunate at school. His last name was Freeman but I can't recall how the 'pigshit' got added. Used to drive him nuts though, he spent half his life in detention due to the number of twattings he dished out to anyone using it. I remembered him only because someone told me he walked in front of a train after his missus ditched him for his sister.

The day I signed up, I had also spent about eight hours shifting several tons of pig crap using only a shovel and a quad with small trailer.

5. Mine is an absolute embarrassment to me now (I wish I could change it) - I chose it on the spur of the moment without giving any real thought to it when I first joined arrse, shortly after getting out and going to university to become a law student. I'm now a qualified solicitor and everytime I log on and see it I think, "that really makes you sound like a complete twat.."

Queue replies from fellow arrsers confirming that I am in fact a complete twat.. :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. My profession isn't Professoring, But I may be mad.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mine comes from my former workplace, a 911 centre. I was for most of my career a fire service dispatcher and used to answer the confidential or back phone "Fireplace [name].'

8. I was going to go for 'secondmanonthebalconyhonest' but it wouldn't fit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think my nick prevents me from being taken too seriously /o\

10. Why? Aren't you a real captain?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Legal eagle is appropriate.....I was bored and lost in the first sentence.....thats the way lawyers and such are.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's my name.

13. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

Mine is typical understatement, as I in fact have many dozens of medals...

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk

14. Legal eagle- shouldnt you be typing in small print?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE

• Like Like x 1
  15. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

And all of them have been officially purchased :nod:

• Like Like x 1