Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts/whinges about MJDI

Tried to apply for an account with cognos and Teradata, but the website contact details are incorrect, SPOC says got to go through iHub (who cant find contact details either). So Im screwed at his point.

Dead thread alert:

Seriously, what the hell have they done to MJDI? Since we updated last week it's been more a FU%*£NG pain in the ass than normal, 2 bloody hours I've spent trying to reset on my lad's login passwords and I've not been able to do anything with this bastard love child of Oracle and Cognos we now have. Anyone else having problems?

Goaty

Swinger
Dead thread alert:

Seriously, what the hell have they done to MJDI? Since we updated last week it's been more a FU%*£NG pain in the ass than normal, 2 bloody hours I've spent trying to reset on my lad's login passwords and I've not been able to do anything with this bastard love child of Oracle and Cognos we now have. Anyone else having problems?

Late response to said dead thread alert.

For all its faults, I never suffered any more than a few minutes outage every few months from the old version of MJDI. Project team have said there was a need to move away from Oracle Discoverer 12 due to a lack of security updates, and they've replaced it with Cognos. How that has resulted in reliability and usability issues that would make a Landy blush is beyond me. You would think that with all the money we throw at contracts(IIRC Boeing supports MJDI?) they would atleast have the decency to stress test the new build before releasing it, several months behind schedule to boot.
That and why after 8+ years of use they still cannot merge OLIVER/VITAL into MJDI is criminal to say the least. Adding to that the bastard civvies running depot these days use an entirely different system which by all accounts works a million times better than this shite.

Late response to said dead thread alert.

For all its faults, I never suffered any more than a few minutes outage every few months from the old version of MJDI. Project team have said there was a need to move away from Oracle Discoverer 12 due to a lack of security updates, and they've replaced it with Cognos. How that has resulted in reliability and usability issues that would make a Landy blush is beyond me. You would think that with all the money we throw at contracts(IIRC Boeing supports MJDI?) they would atleast have the decency to stress test the new build before releasing it, several months behind schedule to boot.
That and why after 8+ years of use they still cannot merge OLIVER/VITAL into MJDI is criminal to say the least. Adding to that the bastard civvies running depot these days use an entirely different system which by all accounts works a million times better than this shite.
AIUI, there were a number of upgrades.
Underlying database from Oracle 11g to Oracle 12C as 11g is out of support.
Discoverer BI to Cognos due to it being out of support and Cognos being free (or MoD had loads of licenses? Not sure which of those (if any) is true.)
There have also been changes (as opposed to updates) to the messaging backend.
The bulk of MJDI software updates in the latest release were a result of moving from 11g to 12c.

If by "bastard civvies" you mean Liedos, AIUI they have allegedly "lost" loads of Unit demands.
Their software performs a different function to that of MJDI so it would be daft to try and compare it.

If by "bastard civvies" you mean Liedos, AIUI they have allegedly "lost" loads of Unit demands.
Their software performs a different function to that of MJDI so it would be daft to try and compare it.

Tell us about it! I order stuff to arrive for the start of a ships support period months in advance. They “issue” it way before the rdd but don’t actually send it- but I now have dues in. I email asking where is it and they go, we’re working to RDD, if you want it sooner, change the RDD and up the SPC. Baring u. Mind I’ve already told them I don’t want it sooner, I want it for the rdd but they’ve gone and issued it so I need it now or I have to raise a loss investigation only to cancel it when the item finally arrives! If you’re not gonna send it till rdd, don’t bloody issue it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell us about it! I order stuff to arrive for the start of a ships support period months in advance. They “issue” it way before the rdd but don’t actually send it- but I now have dues in. I email asking where is it and they go, we’re working to RDD, if you want it sooner, change the RDD and up the SPC. Baring u. Mind I’ve already told them I don’t want it sooner, I want it for the rdd but they’ve gone and issued it so I need it now or I have to raise a loss investigation only to cancel it when the item finally arrives! If you’re not gonna send it till rdd, don’t bloody issue it!

Farkin hell! That is really poor service.
As for my bold, the only way to do that is to cancel and re-demand as you can only extend an RDD against a demand if it is not committed or in transit.

I would be raising a SPOC call for that and pushing it up the CoC so that chests can be poked at JUG meetings, etc.

Goaty

Swinger

On fairness to DFC/Leidos they tend to issue kit within the RDD, its the transport that has been a major issue for us. Personally I put the blame there on Parcelforce, we've had all manner of kit lost in transit, stores sat for months that are awaiting outload to other units etc.

Does anyone know of a way to export the Open External Issue Vouchers page to excel using Congo’s?

Anyone know a bout demanding to a PHR?!! I’ve been told you can’t do it, but on the MA course told you can!!! Seems logical if the demand is going to a person, demand against them & not have to receipt, store & issue. Less transactions

Anyone know a bout demanding to a PHR?!! I’ve been told you can’t do it, but on the MA course told you can!!! Seems logical if the demand is going to a person, demand against them & not have to receipt, store & issue. Less transactions
MJDI is capable of processing demands for a Personal (or Temporary) Holding Record. Not sure if there is a policy against it though. Input the PHold ID in the Consignee field and it will handle the demand as if it were an external demand.

MJDI is capable of processing demands for a Personal (or Temporary) Holding Record. Not sure if there is a policy against it though. Input the PHold ID in the Consignee field and it will handle the demand as if it were an external demand.

Got to be on MIS don’t you?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ah nostalgia. I remember doing this at Deepcut back in 2015 as I got divvied to be armscote storeman for my coy as a 'reward' for signing off. Quite enjoyed learning about MJDI and it was a cheers easy last year working under a quality CQMS :smile: can't for the life of me remember the other software we used to keep track of servicing kit...

Ah nostalgia. I remember doing this at Deepcut back in 2015 as I got divvied to be armscote storeman for my coy as a 'reward' for signing off. Quite enjoyed learning about MJDI and it was a cheers easy last year working under a quality CQMS :smile: can't for the life of me remember the other software we used to keep track of servicing kit...

James?

Latest Threads