Your thoughts/whinges about MJDI

The RAF had USAS (latterly USAS 2), which was chosen as the basis of the development of a Tri Service IT system (including elements of the other Logistic IT systems in use by the MOD). The underlying database for MJDI has just been moved to Oracle 12c and I am not aware of any replacement (or any MOD requirement for a replacement) for MJDI at present.
I used USAS 2 in the 80's it was pretty advanced at the time compared to the systems that civvy's were using. I don't recall anyone complaining that it wasn't any good or lacked functionality (apart from POL batch numbers/expiry dates).

Even the previous system could do text messaging with **D and **P which was really useful (as well a being abused a fair amount).

Trying to do a current AinU holdings - weapon serial report in discoverer, but it keeps bringing up duplication's of the serial - I believe its the history of the AinU, but I want the latest data point, does anyone know of a calculation to make this so ?

Cheers

Trying to do a current AinU holdings - weapon serial report in discoverer, but it keeps bringing up duplication's of the serial - I believe its the history of the AinU, but I want the latest data point, does anyone know of a calculation to make this so ?

Cheers
@DesktopCommando
Are you looking at the Holdings tab or values tab of the workbook?

Cheers
One of the very few things JAMES is handy for (I feel dirty just typing that). Advance search the NSN then export the results to a very handy and editable spreadsheet, you can't use it for official checks but it will give you a list of serial numbers.
Of course, the above will only be of any use if JAMES is accurate to MJDI......

@DesktopCommando,

I added another condition (DMC between B1 and B4, you could be more specific by DMC) to the CORE AinU Holdings and Value Workbook, selected Serial items only and Active Serial Numbers and input the required AinU ID.
A bit quick and dirty, but it should give you what you are after.

1517931835128.png

usually its because the MJDI NSN's and the SS3 NSN's arnt compatible, you can demand and it creates Dues on the MJDI side, but doesnt exist on the SS3 side (does send you an Alert to tell you) if your UAA hasnt deleted them.

1240-99-123-4567 Spoon exists on MJDI because some has had it for years.

1240-99-123-4567 Spoon has been superseded and deleted off SS3

a lot of clothing is like this, its a pain in the arrse

MJDI demands the spoon & produces Dues - SS3 doesnt see it and it stops there - que waiting for months until someone figures it out.

Apparently, instead of going dues out demands are being cancelled by BIS when they have no stock. If that's the case there's going to be an awfully large amount of pissed of units re-demanding the same kit over and again.
Are they hoping the requirement for the kit will just magically go away?

1240-99-123-4567 Spoon exists on MJDI because some has had it for years.

1240-99-123-4567 Spoon has been superseded and deleted off SS3

a lot of clothing is like this, its a pain in the arrse

MJDI demands the spoon & produces Dues - SS3 doesnt see it and it stops there - que waiting for months until someone figures it out.
@DesktopCommando,

If an item has been deleted from SS3, BIWMS, ASTRID or CRISP without being transferred to one of the other BIS, the item becomes Managed Formerly ****. i.e. MFB. MFL, MFM or MFS.
Where a search for SAFI in the UDSP returns no result, MJDI searches all MJDI Units and where stock is found, offers that solution.
Where no stock is found, the user is presented with a pop up advising that the item has been deleted from BIS, no stock is available, and advising that they should identify a replacement item NSN and re-demand.

Any reason why a weights and dims area couldn’t be included in the item description page on item interrogation? Surely it’d help with know if you can actually ship the item you’re demanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any reason why a weights and dims area couldn’t be included in the item description page on item interrogation? Surely it’d help with know if you can actually ship the item you’re demanding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I suspect it would be easy from a techninical perspective, it would boil down to cost.

Having a mong moment - An item that appears on MIR 226 should be 1) Repairable 2) Not C class - correct ?
Generally wouldn’t find C Class on MIR 226, could be down to a data input error, not sure what the DT would say, best bet is to look at what Inventory Classification Code the item is. Does that help?