Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts/whinges about MJDI

@bluenosewrx,

Use UPK.

Has your UAA checked Management Control > User Management > User Registration (Oracle)? Check for his perevious and new number.
They should be able to view, edit, delete or create a User. If he does not exist in Oracle, he cannot exist in MJDI.
Once sorted in Oracle go to Management Control > User Management > User Registration (Application).

Thanks mate, i shall probe further
Arrse and probing...
Will this do?

upload_2017-5-25_11-56-38.png

@shiny_arrse
I'm currently going through the LSI UAA Q set. on Q 3.

Could you give me you expertise on these queries

2.3 - 02 and 09 should be fine, any Pri 01 or 05 demands will be stored for review by a grown up??.

2.3.5 - No need for this as you have no Dispersed Accounts.

2.6 - These depend on how much control you want over the Accounts:
if you have Auto In-Stock unticked, you get to review all in-Stocking recommendations rather than the system automatically in-stocking.

if you have Auto Replen Inhibit ticked, the system will not generate stock replenishment demands. I would leave this unticked.

If you have Auto Replen Review ticked, you get to review all system generated demands.

2.6.1.2 - If you have nominated Disposal Units for each commodity, put their UIN against Commodity type, otherwise any Disposal Request is sent to the item's BIS.

2.6.1.3 - You cannot unset this, it is set by the supporting Unit (CA UIN). The supporting Unit has subscribed to your usage (to assist in their own Unit provisioning.

Hearing rumours of people not being able to log on, or being dropped off.
Is this widespread?

#top tip, when MJDI times out/crashes, close ALL of internet explorer, you cant refresh or you wont get back in.

*update* you can refresh now

Last edited:

Offshore_Harry

Old-Salt
It's outdated, under performs, likes to crash (a lot) but apart from that it does the job, but do miss Unicom.

@Offshore_Harry,
How can it be outdated if it is being updated all the time?
The recent crashes appear to be linked to outdated hardware, not the software. It does what it is required to do. UNICOM was replaced because it was crap.

Offshore_Harry

Old-Salt
@Offshore_Harry,
How can it be outdated if it is being updated all the time?
The recent crashes appear to be linked to outdated hardware, not the software. It does what it is required to do. UNICOM was replaced because it was crap.
The RAF had it before the Army did and a new system is in the pipeline once everyone has gone over to ModNet and Sharepoint and all is running OK. Seems SPOC are working on this new improved system that will be rolled out by 2020 across the whole of the military infrastructure. So we were told when the MJDI boffins visited!! But then anything could happen with it by 2020!!:eek:

The RAF had it before the Army did and a new system is in the pipeline once everyone has gone over to ModNet and Sharepoint and all is running OK. Seems SPOC are working on this new improved system that will be rolled out by 2020 across the whole of the military infrastructure. So we were told when the MJDI boffins visited!! But then anything could happen with it by 2020!!:eek:
The RAF had USAS (latterly USAS 2), which was chosen as the basis of the development of a Tri Service IT system (including elements of the other Logistic IT systems in use by the MOD). The underlying database for MJDI has just been moved to Oracle 12c and I am not aware of any replacement (or any MOD requirement for a replacement) for MJDI at present.

Latest Threads