Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Your thoughts on civilians wearing military/tactical gear?

DPM.... if the Army didn't change the pattern every few years (Eg. MTP) it wouldn't be a fashion statement.... nothing to with camouflage.... just the Army flogging old kit.

A trendy young lady in ASDA in a tailored DPM trouser suit, holding her young daughters hand, also in a DPM jacket and trousers, very bizarre.
I am noticing that more and more young people wearing camo jackets and cargo pocket ex militery gear, i fail to see the attraction, i could not get out of the bloody things quick enough. I used my reserve /call up stuff for work on construction sites, until it fell to pieces. :)

Precisely. They're hard wearing clothing. That's the attraction.

I don't think genuine homeless veterans wear military clothing. The scroungers who do wear some form of DPM smock will want people to think they served to con a few quid out of the gullible

As my brother put it on return from one of his tours in Afghanistan, you don't ever want to see the f'kin things again, never mind wear it. If you ever see someone in some form of combats, it's pretty much a guarantee they've never served.

As my brother put it on return from one of his tours in Afghanistan, you don't ever want to see the f'kin things again, never mind wear it. If you ever see someone in some form of combats, it's pretty much a guarantee they've never served.
Thinking about that. When I was in the CCF, cutting about in a DPM jacket was de riguer. Then in my illustrious part time military career. SaS, Saturdays and Sundays I stopped wearing any military kit.

Nowadays I still wear green Boxhead shirts for work, (my KF shirts wore out) and a DPM smock for Nov 5th, 'cos I can get lots of fireworks in the pockets.:cool:

Thinking about that. When I was in the CCF, cutting about in a DPM jacket was de riguer. Then in my illustrious part time military career. SaS, Saturdays and Sundays I stopped wearing any military kit.

Nowadays I still wear green Boxhead shirts for work, (my KF shirts wore out) and a DPM smock for Nov 5th, 'cos I can get lots of fireworks in the pockets.:cool:

Boxhead waterproof trousers, or at least the Flecktarn ones with the braces, are top quality.

I've got a pair of MTP kecks a serving mate lobbed my way as surplus to his requirements. I wear them for all my DIY jobs so are now covered in various splashes of emulsion, oil, brush cleaner, sugar soap & the like. Nice big pockets for keeping tools & shit in.

Are they the military shirts with the German flag on each arm? I thought they had always been in fashion, especially with long-haired left-wing types.

I was like that when I got home, but glad I didn't bin them. Shame they have shrunk though

When I retire I'm going to buy one of these and prowl round the Home Counties looking for unsuspecting gardeners:

1630588217404.png

Are they the military shirts with the German flag on each arm? I thought they had always been in fashion, especially with long-haired left-wing types.
They are indeed.* As I mentioned upthread it causes the odd comment from Eastern European types. Plus one actual Boxhead who after a brief chat asked if I believed in God and that there was a convention on Sunday at Wembley.

I countered with the jazz evenings held on Sundays at my local.

I think I won that one :cool:

*I bought a couple online earlier this year, dated 81 and 91, never issued. Somewhere a German Q Bloke's retirement plan is coming to fruition.

They are indeed.* As I mentioned upthread it causes the odd comment from Eastern European types. Plus one actual Boxhead who after a brief chat asked if I believed in God and that there was a convention on Sunday at Wembley.

I countered with the jazz evenings held on Sundays at my local.

I think I won that one :cool:

*I bought a couple online earlier this year, dated 81 and 91, never issued. Somewhere a German Q Bloke's retirement plan is coming to fruition.
Stapler 1?