Your thoughts on civilians wearing military/tactical gear?

I kept some of my 1157 back, just in case, like...

GAS2505006-hoodie.jpg

So... what did you keep from your G 1098?

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
Every dosser round here dresses head to foot like a GW1 exile,

I did see someone wearing ECBA over the top of her red fluffy jumper and short red tartan skirt.

I didn't realise that Tescos could be so dangerous. It was in Redruth so I suppose anything goes.

I've a 35 litre rucksack that, when full of shopping, is as much as I wish to lug around in old age.
That limits the time I need to spend mixing with the public, gets my scoff from shop to freezer without spillage, and is " green" as it's recycling old gear.
Similarly an old Polish army haversack, slung over a shoulder, ideal for mooching and big enough for a sweater or waterproof, and all the odds and ends usually stuffed in pockets, a man bag, if you like.

There's apparently a trend among bushcrafters to go retro, using old eastern bloc leather pouches and belts to sling assorted axes, knives and suchlike from, but you'd not wear that lot for a quick browse around the local supermarket.
Allowing that, it's nice to see some of the stuff being knocked out by artisan leather workers, waxed cotton doodads stitched in a shed, and flogged on Etsy for eye watering prices.
Then there's the whole cosplay and airsofter markets, walts, and other assorted loons with more money than sense.
Whatever, surplus is generally cheap, hard wearing and reasonable quality, and designed to get dirty.

Airblade

Clanker
I wear the plain black 5.11's, don't like camo as I am not in woodland attempting to hide from an enemy and in my view that's the purpose of camo patterns.

It is like watching Carp anglers rock up to a swim, everything is DPM. It isn't like carp are members of "Them" and going to have a sniper sat in the lilypads. Only time I wear DPM these days is when out photographing beasties that I need to be hidden from.

35 litre is the day/patrol sack..... I find if you order online and spend enough they will deliver for cheap.... or even free.... especially Iceland. fill that freezer and thank God for your foresight at the end of the month!

Last edited:
You've never walked along Croydons main shopping street.....have you? 8-O
Croydon.... try Kilburn... women with slots for vison training to drive a T-55 down the high street.
The other half are just run of the mill normal shoplifters.
Of course the rich hubbies will illegally park outside Aldi in their white £100,000 Audi/BMW/Merc with the "park anywhere" 4 ways on as the wife fights through 100 identical wives all doing the same shop, that saves £20 quid.

Last edited:
As I said on the other thread of this theme.

Civi's walking towards me in full DPM/camo etc.

I walk in to them saying sorry mate I did not see you.

Except when it was a long haired former PARA who got a bit punchy when I bounced off him.

Some people have no sense of humour!!!!

Seems our Kabul ROE are not as tight as the Americans..... nice.

It is like watching Carp anglers rock up to a swim, everything is DPM. It isn't like carp are members of "Them" and going to have a sniper sat in the lilypads. Only time I wear DPM these days is when out photographing beasties that I need to be hidden from.
AA2541A6-C265-4324-AF5B-3D224B21F25D.jpeg

No sireee…