your "symbol of faith"?

We have a very good thread running on recent films watched and I didn’t want to go off topic there, hence starting this one.

I was curious as to who/what would lead you to watching a film?

In my case, there are a few actors whose name catches my attention, along with a couple of directors and even a couple of finance houses who rarely put out a turkey.

Actor wise, Jean Reno & Vincent Kassel have never let me down, Ewan McGregor is fairly safe money as is Samuel L Jackson. If you take the “Pirates” franchise out of the equation, Johnny Depp is a banker. Early De Niro is generally good stuff

Directors, David Cronenberg is a fave, as it Ridley Scott and the Cohen’s. Tim Burton’s stuff I like, Tarantino, Rodriguez and Snyder will generally hit the right spot for me. Classic stuff, I like Milos Forman as well.
Bit odd, but I tend to find that if a film is financed by either Film4 or Canal+ it is usually watchable.

I’m sure I have missed loads (not even mentioned Scorsese or Del Toro, for instance) but to get the ball rolling, who or what will always catch your attention?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
vvaannmmaann The NAAFI Bar 13
_scranbag The NAAFI Bar 380
Steven The NAAFI Bar 20

Latest Threads